luxury1

Annunciator to Compliment Cameras

I was thinking about adding a few outdoor annunciators to compliment my camera system. The idea is that I would hear a beep inside whenever there is someone in range of the annunciator/camera (much like you hear when you walk into a retail store). I know Optex has one. Does anyone know anything about which of these devices are the best?

most DVR's have an alarm setting for motion. Check'm out. BUT, won't that drive you nuts after awhile? Or are you feed'n your family from deer meat?

Optex has some good gear, what type of location is it, where are you trying to get the beep from? You can do that with a beam and an alarm if you have an existing alarm, or use one of their anunciators, or, check your DVR software if you have a camera in that location.

I am planning on putting them in locations that are rarely traveled like outside the basement (etc) to give me a jump on a potential situation (hear the annunciator beep, check the monitor for the reason, put on my cape and fight evil).

Optex RCTD10U would be the kit, one transmitter and one receiver..here is the link for it

http://spytown.com/oprctd10ulon.html

you may also want to consider the Cross Point Kit, that also includes one transmitter and receiver. The differance here is that instead of a "beep", you can actually program your voice to say something like "someone is in the backyard", this way if you have multiple transmitters, you can hear and know exactly where the problem is.. check out this link here

http://spytown.com/voalvasywi1s.html

Never even heard of the Cross Point product.

Have you used both of these? If so, do you have a preference? Is one better than the other?

yes, have used both. Both work very well. There is a demo of the cross point one on our site, if you got to the link i previously provided. you need to have speakers on your pc to hear.

I didn't want the sounds, but the fallen I can't get up was funny

I wanted to see the video, which Luxry1 provided a link to, thanks.

Also wanted SpyTown to be aware they got a bad link so they can fix it.

They provide us with information, so we can provide them with some back.

The lady in the video has her voice recorded so calmly. I would be saying "Somebody is at the back Patio!!!, Get your Gun!" and have an amplified external speaker so the person could hear it.

Dont think it has an external output jack though? (Actually it does!)

Nice system.

with one of my clients alarms, we have 2 sirens, and voice driver, its loud as heck, so when any of the 80 wireless window and door transmitters, couple motions, 8 outside beams, or couple glass breaks, are triggered, the siren goes off and sais:

short siren noise ...

"You have violated a restricted area, the Police Have been called" - twice..

then the siren rings off for a bit, then it repeats it again.

Yeah, that is funny.

I heard a car alarm say something like that across the street from my house.

I thought there was some type of police action going on. It wasn’t until I went out there and heard it repeat itself that I knew what the heck was going on.

I like that car I see on cops that when the car thief gets in the car and starts zooming off the car locks them inside, disables the car and starts playing the Bad Boys theme on the radio. It is hilarious too see the faces of these idiots that get caught this way.