sublimesnfu

Designing HD-SDI 16ch Security System

Hello Everyone,

These may be dumb questions or not but I'm not finding much in the way of what I need. Any help will be appreciated.

I've been installing 8-32ch cctv systems with off the shelf dvrs for the last couple years and now I have a client who wants to upgrade their 8ch system to 16ch with HD for improved resolution for identification purposes.

I've got up to a pretty decent budget to work with but everything I'm finding in the HD-SDI range is only capable of 7-10fps save for one system I've found that claims it can do 30FPS on 8 channels which may be the best bet. I would like to have atleast 15fps on all channels.

I'm not opposed to building a custom PC based system using a card such as this http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-CH-1080P-HD-SDI-DVR-Card-Surveillance-System-CCTV-/220779692658?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item33677ec272

Or using a Netvision HD encoder.

Any points of direction would be greatly appreciated as it seems there isn't much in the way of good HD DVRs or PC system for the low end of the market 15k or less from what I've found in terms of performance.

Best

Alan

I've got up to a pretty decent budget to work with but everything I'm finding in the HD-SDI range is only capable of 7-10fps save for one system I've found that claims it can do 30FPS on 8 channels which may be the best bet. I would like to have atleast 15fps on all channels.

I'm not opposed to building a custom PC based system using a card such as this http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-CH-1080P-HD-SDI-DVR-Card-Surveillance-System-CCTV-/220779692658?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item33677ec272

Or using a Netvision HD encoder.

Any points of direction would be greatly appreciated as it seems there isn't much in the way of good HD DVRs or PC system for the low end of the market 15k or less from what I've found in terms of performance.

Best

Alan

Where are u located ?