ColdFeet

Pole mounting? (No, not the strip club type...)

Lousy subject line, but it made you look!

Is there a trick to mounting speco bullet cameras; specifically to a pole or a sealed enclosure that could be mounted to a pole like a round outdoor electrical box? At least on the two Speco's I currently have, the back plate holes don't match to a round electrical junction box. I have a tall pole that I'd like to mount the cameras to for comparison testing, but I can't seem to figure out a 'proper' way of mounting them.

Thanks for any advice,

Scott

are the electrical boxes already on the pole?

if so just drill 3 holes and screw that puppy on.

if not, you should be able to get a pole mount for the electrical box, or even just a generic pole mount

also, is the pole hollow, can you just drill a hole and do the connections in the pole, ive mounted bullets to round poles before without an issue. Use clear caulking on any holes or gaps.

Bullets arent going to come with pole mounts as they are not really considered professional cameras.

also, i use square poles (posts) if i install them from the get go, much better than a round pole.

Rory

Thanks for the info on the Pelco mounts. I was just put off by the mounting holes on the Speco cameras, they don't match to anything which just seemed odd to me. I figured that for people that wanted to mount to a enclosed box, that setting up the screw holes to match those of a round junction box would have been an obvious thing to do. I was wrong.

In explanation, the 'pole' is a standard 2 1/2" chainlink fence pipe on the top of a steep hill. Total height is ~10+ over an area with wide variety of lighting and that faces over a road with decent traffic. I thought it would be a good spot to have an apples apples comparison of candidate camera performance, rather than slogging (?) through the marketing specmanship.

That I asked about the Speco's, is that I happen to have those on hand. I am trying to get a bit smarter on possible cameras before purchasing more candidates. Rory, I'm still researching (I got distracted onto something else for a few days) those that you suggested - thanks again.

Scott