accordfreak

bought a used arecont 2155-problem- no link light

i'm new the the security camera world and bought a used arecont 2155

When I connect the POE ethernet line to the camera, there's a small LED that lights up inside the camera but there is no link light and the software cannot detect a camera.

I test out the ethernet line using a new arecont camera (3155) and the link light came on instantly and the software was able to detect it.

Are there settings on the camera that the previous owner set that prevents the camera from linking up?

I just want to make sure i didn't buy a broken one.

thanks

See if there's a reset button you can press and reset the camera to factory settings. Also, check to see if the camera is under warranty. I've gotten a dead camera on eBay but luckily is was under warranty and was fixed.

i'm new the the security camera world and bought a used arecont 2155

When I connect the POE ethernet line to the camera, there's a small LED that lights up inside the camera but there is no link light and the software cannot detect a camera.

I test out the ethernet line using a new arecont camera (3155) and the link light came on instantly and the software was able to detect it.

Are there settings on the camera that the previous owner set that prevents the camera from linking up?

I just want to make sure i didn't buy a broken one.

thanks

You bought a broken one. Try to get your money back.

Don't bother with Arecont's service, they are unique in the industry (and not in a good way) for charging you for a camera you send in for service, whether they fix it or not.