neutrino22

2 horizontal lines moving sometimes up sometimes down?

I have two lines moving up and down my cctv screen. I have bypassed my DVR system and the lines are still present.

I have connected the camera directly to the monitor with no extension cable and it's a perfect picture but when I change back to the extension cable the lines are back. The extension cable is about 10 meters long and uses phono/BNC connectors. I have tried three other extension cables but to no avail.

Grounding issue? I'm not sure how to remedy a grounding issue if this is the cause. Any help would be great. Image below>>

Warm regards.

IMG_20121118_095518.jpg.a9f97e8897011b971aef15b964f5df90.jpg

looks like a ground loop I think there are several posts on this topic

I decided to go with the grounding theory. I lowered the Amperage going to the camera but maintained the voltage at 12 volts and the problem no longer exists.

Many thanks!

How did you lower the amperage ?

I have lots of transformer plugs and searched through them until I found one that had a lower amperage. The initial transformer plug was outputting 12 volts at 2 amps - the new one outputs 12 volt at 1.25 amps.

I'm not sure amperage would do it as much as style of power supply. The old heavy transformer type wall-worts are superior to the new slimline switching types when it comes to noise.

I'm not sure amperage would do it as much as style of power supply. The old heavy transformer type wall-worts are superior to the new slimline switching types when it comes to noise.

I agree, although with some sporadic ambivalence, the last thing I thought it would be was the power supply. The original power supply was the old-style copper coil - which I too favor in place of the newer slimline ones - and was replaced with another old-style power supply but with different output values mentioned previously.

It could have been any number of things including interference from an external source but since it is no longer an issue, I cannot employ any further cognitive resources as they are in high demand elsewhere.

Many thanks.

Well, glad you got it resolved. I've been driven crazy on occasion with ground noise. It is no fun to deal with, especially when you are someone like me that thinks using isolators is cheating.