andresdamas

chinese IP megapixel cameras...

ok last year I took the adventure to buy 8 cameras 2 Mp@15fps from some company in China, this cameras are Ovnif, so i tried different software and most of them crash so bad and milestone was one of them, for some reason in the long run cameras loose the connection, the only software who work pretty fine was Alnet which is a European company.

I am just trying to avoid 100% computer as NVR and no interested to work with software, my customer target are smal business and home owners where they have a high demand for 4 and 8 cameras solution.

My question is:

there is any stand alone NVR who can pull 1080p ALL CHANNELS at 30 or 15 fps? any other idea beside dahua, and if it is dahua, which model number.... Q-see NVR do not have the flexibility to work with this cameras

Any help? sorry for long post... just gave a little bit of the feedback about Chinese cameras

That's a tough one. Dahua will not work unless they are Dahua cameras or camera listed on their site like Axis. It will not work with generic RTSP or ONVIF. There are some NVR's out there, but it will be tough finding one that works with generic cameras. Try Synology. It's a NAS that has NVR capabilities and supports ONVIF and at least one Dahua customer was happy with the ONVIF support - http://www.synology.com/surveillance/index.php?lang=us

I've tested NVR 3216 from DAHUA with OnVif no-name cameras (based on DaVinci) and it worked.

My thoughts are that you cameras crash, not the software. You should test if (when) the software stops working, if you still can connect to the cameras (via Web) and via RTSP (telnet port 554).

Cheers!

the NVR 3216 from DAHUA the speed recording is limitated, i read the spec and it said for 4 chanel dauha has 2 D1 and 1 720 and 1 1080, for the 8 channel you have 6 D1 and 2 720.. i am looking for FULL 1080 P 30FPS recording ALL channels

About the synology they are computer NVR, so i am looking for STAND ALONE nvr!

Thank you for your time guys!!

what model? do you have any link about the aver hybrid?

hi aver EH6216H. thay is also a trial working software download ......so you can test your camera (only 1) but you still have record and playback