Jeroen1000

Suggestion for box camera with automatich zoom please:-)

Hello again:-)

Just as I was biting the bullet for the ACTI 7811, I went to take a more closer look where it would get installed and, unfortunately, a varifocal lens is not enough. I managed to drop the demand for a dome as a box camera with zoom is much much better for the application (sometimes people just won't listen until you talk price).

I'm looking at the $700-$750 price range. That's not going to get me an ACTI 5611 where I live as they retail for about $1300. It is not going to get my any Acti box camera with zoom as all of them are at least $850 and up here.

What's the next best thing I should be looking at? I need about 15-17 meters of night vision from the porch to the street (to guard the a car). It is not pitch black but the street lights are 5 meter further on a larger street parallel to the street the car is in (so there is some light the camera has to fight). Facial recognition is a requirement and that is the reason for selecting a zoom camera. It will also be used to capture ppl walking up to the door. A acceptable day time image is of course also required:).

Thanks again for leading me on my way:-)

Exactly, don't you want a PTZ? A box camera will not move and if you can remotely make it zoom in, when you

do zoom in, you won't be looking at what you want to see.

Yes, the center of the frame is just fine as it's a straight walk to the street and the car is always parked in the same spot). I'm going for a BOX because it is seemingly very hard to find a good PTZ around $750. I've got to cut back somewhere but a PTZ is the best choice technically.