kentuckynet

Help with installing cctv camera to pc monitor

Hello, i have a set of gates a long way from my house, i use a booster receiver setup in the past and worked fine. My question is before i used a small little 7" monitor. How can i take the wires that fed my small monitor and have it feed to my pc's monitor? Do i need a special card for it or are there monitors that you could hook a pc and cctv to at once? bypassing the pc all together?

thanks

mack

Any LCD with VGA for PC and BNC or AV or Scart inputs will work

Input selection VGA - thats computer connected

Input selection AV/BNC/Scart - thats feed to Camera

Samsung,Neovo,LG etc just some of the companies that make these sort of monitors

There are BNC/composite to VGA adapters too, if you think that'll work better for you than buying a monitor with multiple inputs. That won't solve the problem of easy switching between sources because most monitors have just one VGA input (cable swapping involved).

How can i take the wires that fed my small monitor and have it feed to my pc's monitor?

What type of connection does the cable going to the 7" monitor have?

I'm going to guess it's a BNC connection. If so, then it's really easy.

1 - Use a BNC to VGA conveter. Google it. You can find them for under $40.

2 - Get an LCD TV with RCA input and use a BNC to RCA adapter (BNC Female / RCA Male).

If the cable feeding the 7" monitor is not BNC, please indicate the type of connection used. A Picture would be most helpful if you're not sure what it's called.

There are BNC/composite to VGA adapters too, if you think that'll work better for you than buying a monitor with multiple inputs. That won't solve the problem of easy switching between sources because most monitors have just one VGA input (cable swapping involved).

Didn't see your post when I posted mine. A VGA switch box can be used, so no cable swapping. Allows the use of multiple vga inputs to one monitor.

You can get a video capture card that fits a pci slot, but unless you have a VERY powerful computer, I would forget about using it to multitask video. Bit of a challenge for the average computer.

Simplest way would be to find a small TV with both VGA and composite inputs that did PIP. That isn't as popular an option on TVs since analog tuners fell out of fashion though. Not sure if you'll find one that does it nowadays. I haven't seen one recently anyway. Picture quality would be horrible if you used an old CRT that did PIP and used a VGA to composite converter for the computer screen. I think I'd just get a separate small LCD TV with composite input and hang it on the wall by my computer. You'd get excellent computer display and cctv quality that way and not bog down your computer. I bet it would be cheaper, too, especially if you bought a small LCD TV on a good sale or used. Might still be worth asking a TV shop about PIP between inputs on a small TV that displayed VGA or DVI or whatever your computer puts out.