EarlT

Convert Pelco Esprit to IP

I would like to get a Pelco Esprit housing and put an Avigilon cam with PTZ control output in it. Is there enough wire passed through to pull it off easily? I plan to get one with a wiper, so is there a way a typical IP camera can trigger the wiper?

No, it is much more integrated than just a camera inside of a case. If you don't need the zoom lens controls and require the dust proof housings w/pan and tilt why not just use something like the PT1280P and add a E706.

But, to specifically answer your question, Set Preset 51 - Wiper On, Call Preset 51 - Wiper Off.

I haven't seen an IP camera that relies on an auto-focus mechanic work behind a wiper yet. Wipers smear dirt over the lens, the camera tries to auto-focus and often you are left looking at the smears.

Ya I could see the wiper causing issues with an autofocus. My plan for now is to go with a fixed focal length lens and just use it for an overview with the occasional skyward star gazing. I have this 5mp camera laying around and figure this would be a fun way to use it. I can mount it on top of a pole and get an unobstructed view of everything.

Does the typical Esprit have something that can pass Ethernet easily?