luxury1

"It takes a thief"

Do you guys every watch "It takes a thief" on the Discovery channel where they show how a thief would break into a house and then make security changes. It seems like they always add Optex security cameras. Why do you think they favor these? Are they good?

Optex maybe a contributor to the show ... otherwise noone really uses their cameras

great beams though

I dunno why they choose the brand, but I love the show. Is it on again now? If so, when?

It is a great show. As I am building our house I am planning for the security. My wife thinks there is a better way to spend $5k but her opinion has started to turn after watching the show. Below is the link with the times that it is on:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/series.jsp?series=24940&gid=13950&channel=DSC

By the way, I am not sure the two main guys were ever real theives but maybe... (It says they were ex-burglars)

I know one of these guys, they work mostly at Westchester NY and Greenwich CT. They use Scarsdale Security, who until about 2 years ago, where unkonwn in the NY metro market. The actually use Honeywell and Ademco DVR'S, and sometimes use Dedicated Micros.

Cameras? man, but 1000 manufacturers, who the hell knows who actually makes them.

optex does make some great beams. But if you get some make sure to get the ones with the conduit knockouts. Makes it a whole hell of alot easier.