reddal

Replacement remote control for Samsung SRD-1670DC

Hi,

A few months ago I bought a new DVR (Samsung SRD-1670DC) which I'm pretty happy with.

The only trouble is that the remote control that came with the unit didn't work. Therefore I sent back the remote to the dealer expecting to get a replacement. That was months ago - and I'm getting nowhere with them.

I've looked around the internet trying to find where I can buy a replacement remote. Since I sent back the original remote I'm not even completely sure what model the remote should be - but it might be Z5900136501A. I don't seem to be able to find anyone on the internet that will sell me one!

Does anyone know :

- where I could get a replacement remote from?

- failing that - what is the exact model number for the correct remote for this DVR?

- failing that - has anyone programmed the IR codes into a universal remote (I can't find any)?

Any help would be very gratefully received.

thanks - Reddal

Hi,

Sorry - should have said - I'm in the UK. I did see that ebay listing - but its finished and there doesn't seem to be a relisting. I've asked the seller if they have any more and if they can ship to the UK.

thanks - Reddal

Hi,

So I emailed about 20 internet retailers and ebay sellers and they all confirmed they didn't have any of these remotes and didn't think they could get hold of any.

I tried calling Samsung Techwin in the UK - and they told me they couldn't help - I would have to go via a dealer and I couldn't buy from their spare parts people directly. However they mentioned in passing the name of their spare parts distributor - 'A-One'.

I looked up 'A-One' and contacted them anyway at parts@aoneservice.co.uk . It turned out they had stock and were happy to sell to me - for only £5 each remote including delivery (which I was very happy with given I was desperate and would have paid a lot more).

I ordered 4 of them and they arrived today - working fine.

So it all worked out in the end - but I've no idea why it had to be so hard!

- Reddal

Sure - the part number is Z5900136501A.

The actual remotes are labeled AB59-00033A (as was the original remote that came with the system). However you need to order Z5900136501A to get these.

Email parts@aoneservice.co.uk . They were £5 each including delivery.

regards - Reddal