Joe Black

What surveillance system will you buy Budget 1,000.00

Hello Everyone,

Moved from a very secured community with gated security and very low crime rate to a new house in a residential neighborhood, the area is very nice and the crime rate is not high but there is a middle school a few yards away and there is a lot of activity around with teenagers walking around in the afternoons and young people driving their fast cars at night.

The wife has been driving me crazy about the security of the house; the house has more French doors that I care for and it’s kind on the open.

I have been thinking about purchasing an Alarm system and a CCTV surveillance system.

I have a background in engineering, even do I haven’t worked on the field in many years technical learning is very easy to me..

I will research this website and learning as much as possible before I make my decision..

I will have a budget of approx. 1,000.00 for the Surveillance system and a few hundred for the Alarm system.

All in all I will like to keep everything under 2k

So the question to everyone is if you have a Budget of 1,000.00 what Surveillance system will you buy.

I think I will need a system with the capability to handle 8 to 12 cameras, Internet connectivity, DVR and wired...

Any help is welcome and appreciated...

Thanks

Joe

^^ x2.

Sorry, Hate to be the bearer of bad news but in the CCTV industry, you get exactly what you pay for.

You could get 12 cameras and a dvr for that budget, But you wouldn't be able to see much since the cameras

would have to be so so cheaply made and performance would be crap.

Trust me, I started out with two Cheap builds thinking It was going to be enough.

I learned my lesson, and have done tons of research.

You have two general options for your budget. Neither will be getting you 12 cameras and a DVR for under 1,000.

- Analog. You can prabbaly pick up a good 16ch DVR for $400. That's what I paid for mine, Then the 1TB Hard Drive, $100.

Maybe a 8ch DVR for 200? ish? Maybe?

Half of your budget is gone right there....

Cameras, A Member on here has some Gadspot cameras that for what they are would be good, I think their like $80 too. So you could

pack on more of those than you could with the nest option (ip mp)

So you could get a 16ch dvr, 5 cameras for about the cost,

Or a 8ch dvr, and 6-8 cameras for the budget.

Or, Other option is IP MP

I'm suggesting a Dahua NVR because of Value.

8CH NVR supporting 1080P and 120fps across all ch at 1080P giving you 15FPS per camera, About $250 for a new one.

Cameras, Of course it depends, but you can pick up some good 2MP Bullet Dahua Cameras for about $260.

So, 3 cams and a nvr for about your budget. You'll need wire and stuff like anything.

Just a general Idea.

You'll be better off buying a good NVR, and two cameras. Than a dvr, and 8 cheap cameras.

I'm about to pull the trigger on my 3rd system and finally going IP MP.

8Ch NVR, and 2 1080P 2MP IP cameras. As time goes on, I'll add more. I was told to do this both times I posted on here how I was on a budget and couldn't do that, and would rather have 10 ****ty cams over 2 good ones. Well, Here I am doing what everyone told me to...

One day, When I have many hours to burn I'm going to write up a Intro/Noobs post for all to read.

Of course with the help of other members.