smcctv

Port Forward - UNSUCCESSFUL

Hi

I have installed a 4 camera system @ a Subway store and am having issues viewing the cameras via lan\wan

I have set the same system up at a local residential house a few weeks ago, which works great.

The store has a BT line with talk talk internet (incl static ip address). DVR is a Atlantis 4 channel.

I have logged into router and setup port forwarding (34567) and assigned the DVR to it.

I have setup DVR network settings which mirror previous setups i have done (where required)

I can ping dvr ip successfully and going to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and entering my port number of 34567 returns a successful message. So confirms that the Port is open.

I now installed software on my iphone and on my laptop. Setup by entering ip address, port 34567 and username and password.

The message i get in return is "Time is out"

The current setup is from the BT line is connected a ADSL Filter from which one goes to a credit card machine and the other goes to the technicolor tg582n router. I have POE adapter connected from router and other end into DVR. Run a ping and picks up eachother.

After store shut for the day, i hard wired a cat 5 cable from DVR to router directly and tested to no avail.

Also, unplugged the credit card machine so only router was connected to BT line, this did not work.

I am starting to pull my hair out, actually its currently failing out itself

Any advise would be greatfull as i have run out of options now.

Many Thanks for taking time out to read this post.

hi. POE to DVR ......... dont understand why but you may damage unit.

you need to open two ports 37778 and 37777

also credit machine mght block...... so unplug and try to connect.

Hi Tom,

I have done POE to DVR because DVR is hidden away and not near the router.

So i am using a pair of POE adapters. 1 going to router and the other to the DVR.

I have done 3 installs this way and works well. Happy to hear any suggestions?

Just to confirm i have tried this hard wired.

Ok, i will try to open the ports suggested (even though supplier said port 34567) and will let you know, also will unplug credit card machine.

Have a great xmas and hope to hear from you soon

Many Thanks

Vic

Try to reboot the DVR. I've recently had two times where canyouseeme gets a response and if I try to log in remotely, it times out.

I just rebooted the DVR and it worked, both times.

Hi Guys,

I have tried the reboot, to no avail.

I have installed this DVR at another site and it works without the DMZ, however i will tired to open to 2 ports mentioned and then try DMZ and reboot.

Thanks for the suggestions, will update you within the next few days.

Thanks

Hi All,

I went back to the store and tried via DMZ, still not working. I can ping the DVR and the open port test is successful.

Even when i use the LAN on my mobile device software (iApollo), cameras do not display.

As i had limited time, i did quickly stick in a Netgear DGN2200 Router, but for some reason would not pick up ingternet connection, so called up Talk Talk and after 25 minutes of waiting gave up and will have to try again, as ive run out of options...

Also, created ports 37777 and 37778, assigned it to the DVR and rebooted both Router and DVR and reconfigured Mobile App, no joy here either...

I never had any issues with my previous installs, but this one is giving me sleepless nights...

Regards

Vic