Sign in to follow this  
0cean23

Setting up a NVR system for home

Would you recommend using wireless cameras for a home NVR system? Also, do you trust the vendors that sells the NVR systems on eBay?

If you can run solid wire do that. You'll have a better solid established line with no chance of severe inteference.

When it comes to CCTV.... It's a 100% true -"You get what you pay for"

Of course, if you're careful you can get good deals on good equipment on ebay. But the average system imho is junk on ebay.

There are members here who can help you find exactly what you're looking for after you do some research.

Basic info like Budget, Needs/wants, what your expectation is, etc....

Answers to these questions can help members assist you in giving you the best possible answer.

What are you thoughts on this Dahua NVR unit from eBay? I know many users here on the forum does not recommend purchasing the units from ebay and Dahua will not suppor the hardware as well. But what if I don't require the support? Can I find firmwares updates else where without having to go through Dahua's support?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Channel-CCTV-H-264-IP-Surveillance-Security-Camera-NVR-ONVIF-Compliant-/160803015093?pt=US_Surveillance_Security_Systems&hash=item25709b49b5

What are you thoughts on this Dahua NVR unit from eBay? I know many users here on the forum does not recommend purchasing the units from ebay and Dahua will not suppor the hardware as well. But what if I don't require the support? Can I find firmwares updates else where without having to go through Dahua's support?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Channel-CCTV-H-264-IP-Surveillance-Security-Camera-NVR-ONVIF-Compliant-/160803015093?pt=US_Surveillance_Security_Systems&hash=item25709b49b5

Hi that model I would leave alone ........very limited and well over priced...

You will need support at some stage and from ebay you get nothing.

If your going hybrid buy a system that is not limited . By having to reduce the camera to work it...........which is never a good thing