steve123cctv

Sentient H264 DVR Camera Kit - Setup Help

I bought a Sentient H264 DVR System from Maplins a couple of years ago now.

I have been using the system and works great.

I am trying now to view the system on my PC over a network. But keep getting a message login failed whether i try WAN or Internet options.

Here are my settings-:

Type - Static

Web Port - 0080

Media Port - 9000

IP Address - 192.168.000.300

Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.000

Gateway - 192.168.000.001

DNS - 192.168.000.001

Mobile Port - 100

I have enabled the default system password. I have a sky D-Link Router could this be something to do with Port Forwarding? Although why cannot from my home network? I have lost the CD that came with the system, do you guys know if there is any software on there which I need to install for the system to work.

Any help guys, would be appreciated. I'm really confused.

You most definitely will have to port forward in the router, port 80 and 9000. I would go ahead and also port forward 100. That is after you check what Neutech ask and requested. Now, if you are actually getting to a login screen, then you are already port forwarded on at least port 80. Are you able to access the menu in the DVR itself?

Dennis

If you are putting the LAN address of 192.168.000.300 into your computer browser and getting to a login page, you have made it to the DVR. If you have the owners manual for the dvr, look for the default username and password that you need to access it. Let's start there.