jggm1971

Wich is the Diference between Auto Iris and Varyfocal lens

Totally seperate actions. Basically, the following:

Vari-focal is nothing more than a camera that has the ability to have it's lens setting changed within it's adjustable range. As an example, you could have a camera with a vari-focal range of 2.6 to 12. The lower the number the more of a wide angle view. The higher the number the more of a "zoom" or close up view.

Auto Iris is a camera function whereas the amount of light entering the camera is changed relative to the amount of ambient light in front of the camera.

Dennis

Those are both terms that refer to the lens, if you have a built in lens then that explanation od closer to correct but it is the lens that is vf and ai. An Auto Iris lens is used where the light changes throughout the day. A fixed Iris is used in a location where the light is fairly constant throughout the day. The advantage of varifocal lenses is that they can be used in a wider range of applications and the lens can be varied to suit that location, either zoomed in or out according to the desired scene. This makes such cameras more versatile.

You're right. Sometimes over simplification in description moves away from technical correctness. I have written three books on a different subject and the difference between "common sense understanding" of the unknowledgeable and the technical expertise required in the end, has to be serially addressed as the instruction moves along. When I was an electronics instructor in the military, I started out by comparing current flow to something that most understood and that was with water and the control of it. The students had an immediate understanding of where we were going.

Dennis

I'm sorry if I left the impression that I felt you were criticizing. Sometimes, words on "paper" just don't come out right. Your response just added to mine for a more complete response.

Dennis