ClosedCircuitCom

Help With Geovision POS

I have the original Data box if you need it.

Always remember that the V2 box is serial, regardless of the DB25 connectors and dip switches. The ONLY thing to pay attention to is the actual output from the POS to the printer communication. Is it serial or parallel?

If it is serial, don't bother using the Data mods, they just add expense that is 99% never needed. If it is Parallel, use the old Data box.

Scottj

ok let me get this straight Geovision sells a data capture box that says it supports parrellel but it doesnt, and if you have a serial connection you dont need the capture box, Geo made a version1 with support and v2 they removed it? Well this make me look at alternate card from here on especially since Geovision them self could not make me aware of this

We were as surprised as you.

I can get the old version, but we need to get 50 at a time, and most people don't need the Parallel and prefer the RJ45 connection that replaced it on the box.

How many units do you need?

ClosedCircuit,

Between Sal and I, we can help you get out of your POS headaches. Honestly, once you have done a few of them and have good documentation you will find that the POS feature is really added value with the Geo systems compared to others. For instance we just were awarded the DVR products for a company that owns over 90 gas stations due to the fact that the competition had to use a capture module to overlay the text. We figured out that the GV-Data mods were not needed for the most widely used POS systems in gas stations and were able to come in about 800.00 a site lower than the competition as a complete package. The bottomline is that we can help you out and have the technical know how to do so where you won't run into this issue in the future. Give it another shot, I feel that you will be very happy in the end. Sals company offers solid service and support, and the Geo components you need. Think about it, if he doesn't take good care of you, you know where to find him

Scottj