redout

Email SMTP port and iPhone app trouble (Dahua)

Hi,

I am attempting to setup email notifications on my iZeus HD (Dahua) but for some reason I cannot open port 25, 465 nor 587 on my router. I am using smtp.gmail.com and entering the various ports on each attempt. Using a Linksys router and am re-starting the router each time I save the settings after entering the ports which I want open. I keep receiving "mail test error" when I hit the test button on the DVR email setup page. The ports are closed. I have opened 37777 TCP, 99 HTTP (80 would not open) and 554 RTSP. I have also entered the details of my Dyn DDNS on the DDNS page and am using port 99 though 80 was the default but as I already mentioned it would not open. I have downloaded the iApollo app for iPhone and can view my cameras by entering http://publicIP as the address and 37777 as the port along with my user and password but the problem is that my Public IP obviously changes. Do I just replace http://publicIP with my Dyn alias and port 99 instead of 37777?

You should have to open outbount ports unless you specifically block them. Shoot me a PM with your email, I can send you a good pdf on how to setup a dahua with gmail.

hi. instead of using smtp.gmail.com enter this instead into the field, 64.233.183.109

Hi,

I tried that with port 25, 0, 465 and 587 with no joy. I did notice however that user name and sender turned grey when I attempted to do it with port 0 which they never done on any other occasion but I still received the error message. I presume the problem is that the ports are closed.

EDIT: The greying out is actually just got to do with ticking the anonymous box.