vcinri

Trouble with camera

Hello,

I am having a problem with one particular camera location. I have a rather poor quality picture during the day and hardly any night vision at all. At night it just appears as a white cloudy screen with a very small, barely distinguishable image in the center.

I have tried other cameras, different cables, power sources, different channels on the dvr and nothing appears to help. The camera I am currently using is a Sony chip 1/3", 700tvl 2.9x12 varifocal . I have it on a 7amp power source, on a 98 ft cable.

I did notice that at night the kb/s drops way down somewhere between 50-80 when all others are in the mid to high hundreds. I also observed the red hew of the IR is rather dim compared to the others at night.

I am new to all this but I have tried everything I can think of and was recommended.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

VC

Yes, I ran an extension cord with a 1000ma adapter directly to the camera, no change.

I attempted to put a snapshot in my post but the file was too large. I look at the image now and it appears to be in black and white.

I did check the DVR for possible adjustments and they all appear to be the same.

I set the reset the camera to default to eliminate any possible settings I may have entered.

This really has me stumped.

Thanks,

VC

Yes, I ran an extension cord with a 1000ma adapter directly to the camera, no change.

I attempted to put a snapshot in my post but the file was too large. I look at the image now and it appears to be in black and white.

I did check the DVR for possible adjustments and they all appear to be the same.

I set the reset the camera to default to eliminate any possible settings I may have entered.

This really has me stumped.

Thanks,

VC

Have you tried connecting the camera at the DVR with short cable inside the room and starting outward from there? Is it one channel only that you notice this problem?

I did try the camera right off the dvr and it did seem fine.

I did manage to get a better daytime picture but I just did a snapshot of the after dark picture. Hopefully, it will come thru.

Thanks for your help.

Yard.jpg.16e22ff9d0b677f0e680d141139f66df.jpg

The image is most likely supposed to be B&W at night. Looks like you've got some IR reflection off the white eaves above the camera back into the lens. Try changing your location or point the camera down a bit more.

The image is most likely supposed to be B&W at night. Looks like you've got some IR reflection off the white eaves above the camera back into the lens. Try changing your location or point the camera down a bit more.

It was glare.

Thank you all for the help.

VC