what brand IP camera recording software are you guys using?

i have used Exacq IP camera software, but that was for a large company that had $$$$ to spend on a system.

i am interested in seeing some of the lower priced software options/solutions.

i have used blue iris in the past, but i am not a fan of their interface. it could be that i am spoiled by Excaq (anyone who has used it will know what i am talking about).

thanks.

Avigilon VMS using the core edition should be cost friendly.

It's what I'm running at home

Just depends on number of cameras and storage requirements etc

can i purchase that directly from a store online w/o being a company (do they sell to end users)?

i downloaded a copy of exacq and i received an email from their 'team' and i asked them if they sold to the end user and they said no.

i have no problem with exacq if all they charge is for IP cam licenses and even a small charge for their software, but they dont deal with end users.

thanks.

Does Avigilon have a trial version? I looked around and couldn't find one.

George M

Neither Exacq or Avigilon sell direct to end users. You must contact a dealer to get pricing and products.

anything similar to those types of IP camera programs that are available to end users that you might know of?

If you want something inexpensive, BlueIris sells for about $40 on ebay. Zoneminder runs on Linux and is free. Milestone XProtect Go is a free version with some limitations. There's also online resellers of Exacq and it typically runs under $50/channel.

If you want something inexpensive, BlueIris sells for about $40 on ebay. Zoneminder runs on Linux and is free. Milestone XProtect Go is a free version with some limitations. There's also online resellers of Exacq and it typically runs under $50/channel.

i stated in my first post that i did not like blue iris

i will look into zoneminder for other projects, but for this project it has to be windows only. i will also look at milestone. the current PC is a geovision PC that runs windows that is primarily used only for DVR recording. there are times that the user will minimize geovision to send/read an email. this is a small site, the computer use is very minimal, but is needed at times.

exacq or another windows based client would allow the user to minimize the camera/client GUI and use the PC as a normal PC (again, minimal use).

where are the online resellers of exacq? will they sell to end users?

thanks.

What, just based on what the interface looks like?

I have been using Blue Iris for 2 + years now.

Yes the interface isn't slick looking.

But, feature wise and bang-for-your-buck, Blue Iris blows many solutions away.

I would take features over how the interface looked any day.

What, just based on what the interface looks like?

I have been using Blue Iris for 2 + years now.

Yes the interface isn't slick looking.

But, feature wise and bang-for-your-buck, Blue Iris blows many solutions away.

I would take features over how the interface looked any day.

based on how exacq operates and geovision operates. i also have to think of the end user using the software.

thanks.

I deal with Koorsen to buy my Exacq licenses. I have two sets of licenses coming form them today actually. I just email the number of cameras I want, what license (start, standard, enterprise) I want and the mac address plus how many years of licensing. They then send me the key in my email in a day or two, easy.

I would recommend getting a separate NIC that you could move from computer to computer, so if it ever does the license can travel with the NIC to the new PC. I buy $30 Intel gigabit pcie NICs for the servers I build and license to that mac. Start licenses are $50 per camera, and I think $10 a year beyond one. So for 4 cameras for 5 years of support and updates would be $400 total at MSRP. I pay less but I purchase a ton too, you might find better deals out there. Start would be enough for us as a business except that you can only connect to one server at a time and we have 50 right now. For home use I'd get start myself as there is nothing that I need in the higher versions personally.

I deal with Koorsen to buy my Exacq licenses. I have two sets of licenses coming form them today actually. I just email the number of cameras I want, what license (start, standard, enterprise) I want and the mac address plus how many years of licensing. They then send me the key in my email in a day or two, easy.

I would recommend getting a separate NIC that you could move from computer to computer, so if it ever does the license can travel with the NIC to the new PC. I buy $30 Intel gigabit pcie NICs for the servers I build and license to that mac. Start licenses are $50 per camera, and I think $10 a year beyond one. So for 4 cameras for 5 years of support and updates would be $400 total at MSRP. I pay less but I purchase a ton too, you might find better deals out there. Start would be enough for us as a business except that you can only connect to one server at a time and we have 50 right now. For home use I'd get start myself as there is nothing that I need in the higher versions personally.

got it. so i can navigate to their website, right now, and use my CC and buy a license for 5 IP Cams?

http://koorsen.com/

Thanks.

Google ExacqVision Start and click shopping. I see it' sold online from $37 to $43. There's probably other sites that sell it online. $50 is list price.

Start would be enough for us as a business except that you can only connect to one server at a time and we have 50 right now.

if i have 5 stores and they are all exacq start, i cant view all 5 stores at the same time in exacq from one site?

that would be a problem for me.

If you need an email address for them I can get you one where I order, or you could just call them up and order that way too. They just charge my amex every time I place and order, no issues.

Yes, if you have five separate locations or sites, you can only connect to them one at a time. There is a list of sites, you click the checkbox by the site you want to connect to and then you are on that one, click the next site and it will disconnect the first site and connect you to the second one and so on. This is only in start, really designed for home use or single locations I suppose.

That is literally the only thing that we as a business need that keeps us from using start. We currently have 50 separate locations and servers and I prefer to have them all connected all the time when I open my client. Another user connects to just the one site he wants even though he can connect to them all, he chooses to use it like start works and checks the site he needs out of the list each time. If you want multiple sites simultaneously like watching a single camera from four different locations on one screen then you'll need the standard license.

If you need an email address for them I can get you one where I order, or you could just call them up and order that way too. They just charge my amex every time I place and order, no issues.

Yes, if you have five separate locations or sites, you can only connect to them one at a time. There is a list of sites, you click the checkbox by the site you want to connect to and then you are on that one, click the next site and it will disconnect the first site and connect you to the second one and so on. This is only in start, really designed for home use or single locations I suppose.

That is literally the only thing that we as a business need that keeps us from using start. We currently have 50 separate locations and servers and I prefer to have them all connected all the time when I open my client. Another user connects to just the one site he wants even though he can connect to them all, he chooses to use it like start works and checks the site he needs out of the list each time. If you want multiple sites simultaneously like watching a single camera from four different locations on one screen then you'll need the standard license.

pm me the email, if you don't mind.

thanks.

What cameras are you using in your system?

nothing yet, currently the site has a geovision system with analog cameras. i have not started looking into IP cams until i find software to use.

Are you looking for a hybrid solution? Avigilon encoders with the Core version of the software is a very powerful cost effective solution. If the GEO system is running on a computer chances are you can just replace the software with Avigilon and be up and running with the encoders in no time.

Are you looking for a hybrid solution? Avigilon encoders with the Core version of the software is a very powerful cost effective solution. If the GEO system is running on a computer chances are you can just replace the software with Avigilon and be up and running with the encoders in no time.

looking to migrate away from analog. alot of the cameras are old and they are cheap.

they currently do the job, which is why the upgrade isnt happening unless i can get decent pricing.

Well if you plan on switching to a new VMS you are going to need a way to get the analog cameras into the system.

hmmm, no i dont think so.

switching to ip. ip means bye bye analog.

edit- i am not looking to convert analog to ip. analog would go away and ip would be brought in.

Just giving you some options....

i understand, but they are old and worn out, if that makes sense. no sense in spending money on getting them into an ip system, i'd rather spend the money on decent IP cameras and a PoE switch.

thanks.