RickyGee

More than 4 cameras on a Dahua NVR?

will you, please, stop "Tarzan"ing the english language and, also, get over "OH, AVER, OH GOD"... things could get better

I know everyone can put/write anything on a forum and also sell anything to anybody, but, please, be decent...

will you, please, stop "Tarzan"ing the english language and, also, get over "OH, AVER, OH GOD"... things could get better

I know everyone can put/write anything on a forum and also sell anything to anybody, but, please, be decent...

Downside from 3216 that it will only display/record/configure max 8 cams (even at D1) (vs 16) and has only 8 alarm inputs (not 16).

3216 will record and display 16 at D1 and also has 16 alarms

why sell as 16 if it only does 8 may as well just buy 3208

well you did make a mistake i just put it right.

AND anyone on the forum can recommed any brand they like .... avigilon...aver...cnb ......3xLOGIC.....geo

Guys, unfortuantly I think everyone is right. One of the very confusing things for me in this project was finding specs for units that differed from one another, for the same model number. The only thing I could determine is that Dahua made units with these same model designations not long ago (like 6 months) that did only record 30fps@1080P total. You can still find them for sale on the net.

I've had to be very careful in my inquiries to ensure that I'm getting quotes for only the very latest production units that are all 120fps@1080P, or (I believe) 30fps@1080P/channel for 4 cameras or 15fps@1080P for 8 (NVR3208).

There are certainly Dahua NVRs out there still for sale that won't meet my needs. But if someone is dealing from experience that is only 6 months ago, it is already outdated by these new models. It's sort of like comparing one Dell computer to another; they're not all the same.

Hello, I'm reading what people are thinking about Dahua cameras We are the company in Europe and we are installing only Dahua DVRs last years, and now we are working with Dahua IP systems too. The only thing you should know is that Dahua has firmware for NVR 3216, whitch lets record 16 IP cameras in FullHD resoliution/6fps. I think this is the best settings for a tight budget systems. I suggest you to ask your supplier for that firmware (they have access to Dahua's FTP).

3204: 4ch@D1 / 4ch@720P / 4ch@1080P, max display 4 (2x2), 4 alarm inputs

3208: 8ch@D1 / 8ch@720P / 4ch@1080P, max display 8+1 for stats(3x3), 8 alarm inputs

3216: 16ch@D1 / 8ch@720P / 4ch@1080P, max display 16(4x4), 16 alarm inputs

How does it work if you mix. So say I want 2@1080p and 6@720p, will the 3208 do that?

How does it work if you mix. So say I want 2@1080p and 6@720p, will the 3208 do that?

In a simple way: 2@1080p = 4@720p, so you can only combo 2+4...

But depends on framerate and firmware version

Well, all the equipment is here and I'm deep into discovering how little I know... My friend and I decided to expand the project to add an additional remote zone with an additional 4 cameras covering some parking areas, so the total project is 2 zones, 11 cameras, 3 NVRs, and wireless bridging to tie it all together.

First, I'm happy with the Dahua cameras and NVRs, as hardware goes. The 4 parking area cameras are 3MP HF3300 with Fuji 3MP f1.2 auto iris lenses in EMI housings, feeding to a 4 channel NVR3204V-P. The NVR is recording all 4 at 1080P 30fps and 8192mbps CBR and the display on the monitor connected directly to the NVR is great.

The other zone is 7 dome cameras, 2MP and 1.2MP feeding 2 NVR3204 recorders through a ZyXEL 16 port POE switch.

Both zones will be connected to his office through Engenius ENH202 wireless bridges. I'm happy with all the hardware choices, but I'm going to close this thread and start a couple of new ones with questions that have surfaced due to the networking software and PSS software provided.

Thanks to all who helped me decide how to do this project. My friend owes me about 300 steak dinners, so far.... -Rick