casualbeta

No video on web viewing

Hello everyone names CasualBeta and this is my first posting.

I am in a bit of a problem here. What I have is a 8 Channel DVR system that is being allowed to do remote viewing (ie.viewing from internet/phone). The problem here is when I log on to the remote viewing page there is no image from the cameras. It works fine on the dvr system monitor but nothing on the "Web Application Manager". I belive I have set everthing up everything correctly (with the network and DNS account and etc...) but alas nothing. Have I forgot something or maybe setup something else worng?

Any reply will be great.

Thanks

CasualBeta

Right now it is 2. The first one is mine and another is for a client. Do you think that one port per router will only work that way? If that is the case then I think that idea is no good. I disabled the first (mine) port but nothing happened, I manage to log in but no image are streaming.

I was just curious. I've seen anywhere from 1 to 4 ports required. As an example of, say,,,,,

Luxor/Falco/Zmodo:

HTTP port - 80 (internet)

Command - 5050 (Login)

Media - 6050 (to view video)

Mobile - 7050 (phones, etc.)

In the above example, I could have port 80 and 5050 forwarded, but wouldn't be able to view video. Open port 6050 to do that.

Those won't be your ports as I don't know what make and model that you have or what the user manual or the "NET" menu on the dvr would show.

I have also seen where only two ports were needed for the specific dvr.

Dennis

I was just curious. I've seen anywhere from 1 to 4 ports required. As an example of, say,,,,,

Luxor/Falco/Zmodo:

HTTP port - 80 (internet)

Command - 5050 (Login)

Media - 6050 (to view video)

Mobile - 7050 (phones, etc.)

In the above example, I could have port 80 and 5050 forwarded, but wouldn't be able to view video. Open port 6050 to do that.

Those won't be your ports as I don't know what make and model that you have or what the user manual or the "NET" menu on the dvr would show.

I have also seen where only two ports were needed for the specific dvr.

Dennis

I think I may know why, on the client's DVR I only ported the web and not the Media. Could that be the solution ?

The port won't be the problem. Does it do the same thing when monitoring the video on the network (LAN) or is it just when viewing remotely (WAN)? Possibly a "user" monitor timer or a bandwidth issue with your ISP?

Dennis

I don't think so aibudo. There isn't any time limit imposed.

Another question. Right now I got the DVR system working fine (can view the image on Web) but it is only limited to local view (meaning it is only viewable if device is connected to the same network as the dvr) but now I want to try to get the DVR system to be viewed remotely, the problem is that the IP address on the router is only a "local address" (ie.192.168.1.100). Can remote viewing be viewed on the local address? Or does the IP address on the router need to have a "outside address" (ie. 206.190.36.45) in order for it to work?

Any help will be great.

If the "206" is the address that you get when you're on the network and access "whatismyip.com" in your browser, that's the address that you have to use remotely. That address can change though at the whim of your ISP and that's the reason that I use DynDns. It's a pay site, but I like it. There are other sites, ie; NoIP, etc. that you can use. If you use a different HTTP port than port 80, then you have to add the port number to the end of the address, ie; "206.xxx.xxx.xxx:81" or as an example, "mysitename.dyndns.org:81"

Dennis

If the "206" is the address that you get when you're on the network and access "whatismyip.com" in your browser, that's the address that you have to use remotely. That address can change though at the whim of your ISP and that's the reason that I use DynDns. It's a pay site, but I like it. There are other sites, ie; NoIP, etc. that you can use. If you use a different HTTP port than port 80, then you have to add the port number to the end of the address, ie; "206.xxx.xxx.xxx:81" or as an example, "mysitename.dyndns.org:81"

Dennis

Okay, then.