Jomadav

CCTV Test Monitor _ Triplett W35

Triplett 8050 W35 color test monitor. Has anyone used this or have anything to report on it? I just baught one and haven't used it yet - still charging. The posters here seem to be all over the map on it. Screen to small to be useful, no color generator, no test leads. But, very small and light, clear video, great batt. life, good price point. Any input?

Is it finished charging yet? If not, than its a piece of junk. If it is finished, why not just test it out and build ur own opinion on it?

I was just kidding about the lights, btw.

Thanks for your help vector18. I have 17 years of forming my own opinions after letting things finish charging. I was looking for other Professional opinions and experiences since I make the purchases.

Survtech. Thats pretty close to what we use now - Everfocus Kit 5.6". I agree , the screen on the Triplett is small. A tech had to use it last night and said it was " fine ". I pressed him on it and he said no more. Only complaint was glare on screen - which you can get with any of them. How often do you use the loop through or the signal generator for testing monitors? I know I'm splitting hairs here. I appreciate another pro view on this. Thanks for the reply.

Jomadav, we use other means to test monitors (NTSC color bars and actual camera signals). The LCD-565KIT includes a carry case that folds out to become a hood that blocks ambient light. It resolves most of the glare issues.

Triplett 8050 W35 color test monitor. Has anyone used this or have anything to report on it? I just baught one and haven't used it yet - still charging. The posters here seem to be all over the map on it. Screen to small to be useful, no color generator, no test leads. But, very small and light, clear video, great batt. life, good price point. Any input?

Update : now after a week of use by a Tech. in the field, here is what he had to say :

1. case is too small to keep all of the necessary cords/ adapters/ tools in for all the different cameras with the charger in the case.

Not a major deal though, just streamlined what he "needed" to carry.

2.Screen size is fine (small, but fine) and the clarity is good. Glare is the same as any other monitor.

3. Batt. life is as stated, 4-5 hours.

Overall, good purchase for the price. We also are trying this " 7inch LCD" for $50.00 with battery and A/V adapters that alot of others have recommended.

I posted this reply to give a factual, accurate review of this test monitor in leu of all that was said here.

Thank you to those that gave honest help.