That comes in the "fine tuning" part. The response was to the earlier statement about asking the customer to help with focusing. I do ask for the end users input - at the very end. I also have them sign off on FOV for all cams on one sheet after seeing them on their monitors when we are all done. That way there are no questions about charges on callbacks for re-aiming. During the bidding phase, the sales person should have drawings showing FOV for each cam so there shouldn't be a need for for our tech.'s to get the customers opinions at the time of install. If it's a small job (>1000 sq. ft. & 2 cams ) sure ...but most of the time the people I meet with have no idea of how many or where they are aimed. That's why I started all this. I am trying to nail down procedures to make this more efficient and profitable for us and provide a better level of service to the customer/ end user. Alright, that sounds cheesy, you get the point. No offense meant by any of it

So say you go around and focus all of your cameras and then you show your customer the FOV on the monitors and then they say well I really would like that one moved to the left a little. Now you have to send your tech back out to the camera and adjust it again. When you have the customer looking at the monitor as your installing and aiming the cameras you only have to touch the camera once.

Having drawings showing the FOVs is nice but extremely time consuming and a lot of the time something that looks good on paper doesn't work well when installed in the real world. IMHO

I hear ya. But if I have to go move one or two cams out say 20 or so. It's time and money well spent. And yes, we still use drawings in bids - as well as pictures and special notes about each cam if needed. We try to get it right the first time without customer involvement. Depends on the customer I guess, I can see some getting mad also for taking up their time.

we use the pinpoint and a laptop and find it handy to setup cameras during construction as often the customer does not have the server room ready we can at least get the focus and such pretty much done. ALso we know the camera is working after install.

we use the pinpoint and a laptop and find it handy to setup cameras during construction as often the customer does not have the server room ready we can at least get the focus and such pretty much done. ALso we know the camera is working after install.

Thats the road I want to go down. I will pick up a couple of the PinPoint modules this week.

what about this one TP-LINK TL-WA701ND ?

$32.61 at amazon ,

POE

and Wireless AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater + 7 cheap tablet ?