Sign in to follow this  
lordphantom

Help with PTZ IP cam

Just bought three IP cams, and installed them on a remote place of the enterprise i'm working.

One of them is a Vivotek Speed Dome (SD8362E). Works lovely, and after tuning it for the purposes it was bought, one idea come to my mind...

Is it possible to configure it to automatically zoom/pan on motion detection. Well, better explain like this... let's assume that the camera is in patrol mode, and suddenly detects motion... at this precise moment I want it to zoom, and eventually follow that... let's say, person.

Is it possible to program it to do this?

Just bought three IP cams, and installed them on a remote place of the enterprise i'm working.

One of them is a Vivotek Speed Dome (SD8362E). Works lovely, and after tuning it for the purposes it was bought, one idea come to my mind...

Is it possible to configure it to automatically zoom/pan on motion detection. Well, better explain like this... let's assume that the camera is in patrol mode, and suddenly detects motion... at this precise moment I want it to zoom, and eventually follow that... let's say, person.

Is it possible to program it to do this?

Most speed dome has alarm input , when you use IR detector you can connect the wire from detector to speed dome .

Philip

vidocanada@gmail.com