Sign in to follow this  
sethlocks

Light streaming in IP Dome Camera

I have a 2 MP Speco O2D3 outdoor dome camera which has bands of light from outside lights ruining the image. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to solve this problem?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Seth

1476598896_BackParking1-31-1318_19_34.jpg.620e94eeb4db087e2d2bbc0bfdd8756c.jpg

Yep, this is lens flare. I get that on some of my cams that see traffic at night - there are a few ghost orbs that are flare from headlights that travel the opposite direction from the headlights.

True, and that's why I prefer bullets as well. But in a public location many times it has to be a dome. Lower the angle, but only enough to stop the glare. You want to keep peoples heads in the shot, even on the passenger side of the furthest car. Generally 7', enough to keep most people fully in view. So do it carefully and hopefully you'll cut out most or all of the glare and not at the expense of losing too much fov. If that happens, you'll have to move the camera to a different location.

I have installed hundreds of domes and kept this issue to a minim. He can tilt that camera down till the top of the image is the top of the door and they issue will minimize or go away completely.