I am eagerly awaiting the new ACTI KCM-8211 outdoor PTZ camera. Any word on a release date? I would also love to see some real world videos of either it or the 8111.

I'm planning on replacing a Pelco speed dome with the 8211. The existing Pelco is about 300ft away from the power supply.

They are powering the Pelco with 24VAC but the 8211 is 12VDC. 12VDC is too much of a voltage drop.

How would you guys power this Speed dome at 300ft away? The Dome is at the end of a dock on the water, so it's a challenge getting a local power supply.

Is there a high powered POE injector compatible with the new 8211?

You can even buy PoE switches with 30W capabilities if you have more than one. Also, not sure if they will include an injector or not as I know Axis provides the injector for free with their PTZ cameras, 30W for their P55 series and 72W for their Q60 series.

I hope that KCM-8211 will have better housing than KCM-8111. This indoor cam seams way tooo fragile, I don't like this push-fit dome cover, way to easy to open by someone.

Also I think that this KCM-8111 is more like KCM-5511 than KCM-5611.

wRPNyDNa85A

Korgoth, I really appreciate your videos. I know you have lots on your plate, but if you had a chance to do a side by side with a 8111 and 5611 it would be a more definitive finding. I think it would be real disappointing for Acti not to duplicate the quality of the 5611 in these PTZ's.

Yes, that would be disapointing. Also the Geovision has equal or better specss all around including 30fps at 1080P and endless panning vs. 360 degree panning. Not bad for an outdoor dome for $1,650 street. What's interesting is the Geovision requires 48W of PoE power vs. 19W for the ACTi, albeit that may change when the ACTi outdoor version comes out.

In those day time shots, the Acti seemed to focus faster. The Geo seemed to take longer. All in all it did compare well. Not a bad price either.

Korgoth, I really appreciate your videos. I know you have lots on your plate, but if you had a chance to do a side by side with a 8111 and 5611 it would be a more definitive finding. I think it would be real disappointing for Acti not to duplicate the quality of the 5611 in these PTZ's.

Thanks EarlT!

I will try to do that this weekend. I know that I promised videos from E32, but I have problems with codes, I used some new recording software and all videos are festered and have lots of artifacts - damn NVR from china :/ I will make new one I think.

Also:

KCM-8111 is faster than Geo - I mean presets, zoom and focus. Also it sets focus better on difficult scenes.

But Geo have better WDR, I have some sample, will post that later.

Korgoth, I am also curious how the zoom and focus of the KCM-5611 compares to the KCM-8111/8211. Is it anywhere as speedy?

Thanks EarlT!

I will try to do that this weekend. I know that I promised videos from E32, but I have problems with codes, I used some new recording software and all videos are festered and have lots of artifacts - damn NVR from china :/ I will make new one I think.

Also:

KCM-8111 is faster than Geo - I mean presets, zoom and focus. Also it sets focus better on difficult scenes.

But Geo have better WDR, I have some sample, will post that later.

Have you had any free time? It would be nice to know your thoughts on the 8111 since it is likely to be the same as the 8211 from a image quality standpoint.

Nice. Thank you for the great comparison shots. It does appear ACTI duplicated the 5611 internals in the new PTZ. Can't wait for the KCM-8211 to finally surface. I'm tempted to get a KCM-8111 and stick it in an outdoor housing.

I've been leaning toward the Geovision gv-sd200s

for a site because its got a decent spec and price

But it looks like maybe the 8211 will cheaper by about

$300