wizeguy

Q-See not showing up om my Samsung G3

Newbie here hope I can get some help!

Bought a Qsee 4 camera system from Costco (qsd9004), hooked it all up but cannot get it working on my smart phone...

I tried calling customer support but I think they are blowing me off cause i called so many times..

I'm thinking I got my ip addresses crossed so heres what I have..

ipconfig: Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

Under network set up on my dvr shows DHCP: media port 0900, web port 00080, ip add 192.168.001.004

under STATIC media port:09000, web port 00080,, ip address 192.168.001.008, GATEWAY 192.168.100.100

I down loaded Asee Pro from google store, input all the info using the 192.168.1.1 and all i get is "server unavailable"

What am I doing wrong?

Yup Got it all... This is the info I put into the phone

Address 192.168.001.004 (ip for dvr)

mobile port 00080

All I get is a black screen and it says "Buffering"

I tried mobile port 09000 and its the same.

I also tried other camera apps witht the same results.

I think theres somthing going on with my DVRip/wifi ip

"under STATIC media port:09000, web port 00080,, ip address 192.168.001.008, GATEWAY 192.168.100.100"

When you set the dvr to STATIC and it shows the dvr as 182.168.001.008, did you try that?

I might not be understanding what's up. If you set the dvr to dhcp to get the internal ip address, saved settings, shutdown, rebooted and it comes back up ok at .004, I can't understand then how you could get .008 when you switch to static. Like I say, I might be lost in this thread.

I'm pretty sure that the only port that you need to put into your phone is the mobile port. You said in your post that you inserted the mobile port of 80 once. 80 is not a mobile port. That is a http port when accessing remotely. At one point you said that the media port was 0900 and in another place 9000. There's confusion there too. You need to start over and double check your internal ip of the dvr and make sure the dvr is staticed at that. You don't need port 80 for the network access.

The 192.168.1.1 is the address of your router and not the dvr.

"under STATIC media port:09000, web port 00080,, ip address 192.168.x.x, GATEWAY 192.168.x.x"

When you set the dvr to STATIC and it shows the dvr as 182.168.x.x, did you try that?

I might not be understanding what's up. If you set the dvr to dhcp to get the internal ip address, saved settings, shutdown, rebooted and it comes back up ok at .004, I can't understand then how you could get .008 when you switch to static. Like I say, I might be lost in this thread.

I'm pretty sure that the only port that you need to put into your phone is the mobile port. You said in your post that you inserted the mobile port of 80 once. 80 is not a mobile port. That is a http port when accessing remotely. At one point you said that the media port was 0900 and in another place 9000. There's confusion there too. You need to start over and double check your internal ip of the dvr and make sure the dvr is staticed at that. You don't need port 80 for the network access.

The 192.168.x.x is the address of your router and not the dvr.

Sorry my mistake.. it is 09000

Edit.. redid the DHCP.. came up with media port 09000, web port 00080, ip 192.168.x.x

I entered the 192.168.x.x port 09000 and all i get on my phone is a black screen and says Buffering

Edited by Guest

What is the sub-stream set for on the dvr?

I dont see anything under sub-stream under the menu.. The only thing I see is subnet mask 255. under Static.....

Edited by Guest

Sub-stream might be under a sub-menu under a menu tab. It may be called the "second stream". I don't have an owners manual for your dvr, so I don't know,,,,,

Could not find anything under sub-stream...

I tried every Android app and they all say the same, either "buffering" or "connecting to server" with black screens..

Both ports are forwarded.. 9000 and 80.. DVR is plugged into the wifi.. I can pull up the cameras on my laptop but not on my Galaxy

Are you sure there isn't a third port for mobile to forward? For my q-see it's 100.

I don't see it anywere under the Menu..

Media 09000, web 00080, server 18004

I decided to give qsee 1 more shot and explained tbe situation... Customer service new what the problem was... I had to use port 18004 and my password had to be numbers only... No letters.

Soon as i put that info in, the cameras started working on my smart phone.

Dont know why customer service couldnt help me 20 calls before!

So besides the PW, you were using 18004 as the server and they had you use it as the port? Huh. Sucks it took so long- agreed. But glad you're seeing your cameras!

So besides the PW, you were using 18004 as the server and they had you use it as the port? Huh. Sucks it took so long- agreed. But glad you're seeing your cameras!

Yup,

BUT.. Now I can only view my cameras when I'm around the house but when I'm away from my wifi, I get nothing...

When you're home and on a computer that's on your network, what do you get when you go to "whatismyip.com"? That will be your remote IP address.

That's a totally different number.. its a 68.xx.xx

I'll try import that number and go for a ride around my block and see if I can see my cameras with my phone

More than likely you'll have to download and install an app for your phone if you haven't done it already. Also, within the app, you will be asked for a port number. Also, to keep from losing your access you should access a free IP or pay one such as dyndns.

Got it to work.. I put that 68.xx.xx number in and got it to work away from the house.

After 1/2 dozen calls to qsee to customer service with crappy results, I don't think I'll ever buy / recommend there product