Hi,

I have IPC-HDB3200C. Inside is 2 GB SD card but dosen't work.

Disk1 Error Read & Write 0M/0M

How to format SD card (FAT,FAT32,.ect) to work ?

I wanna also buy HDD to record video from kamera (from 2-3 kameras), can I buy only HDD and connected to router or I need to AV receiver ?

I had 3 Dahua's writing to one WD NAS, no problems, smooth video, no problems. I guess you can remove the HDD and replace it with an SSD but why?

Hi,

I wanna also buy HDD to record video from kamera (from 2-3 kameras), can I buy only HDD and connected to router or I need to AV receiver ?

The best way it's to use a NVR... besides recording, it also decodes and displays the cameras, via VGA or HDMI.

Here's my WD NAS on BuyDig, a site I've bought several items before, took back returns, good place - http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=WDBACG0010HCH&ref=froogle&omid=103&CAWELAID=1509578634&catargetid=1625113937&&cagpspn=pla

You don't need an NVR, you can have the cameras write directly to SD or NAS and then use the free PSS software from Dahua that came with the camera to view it. I would plug the NAS into the same switch you are using for the cameras to get maximum performance.

Edited by Guest

where did ssd come into post ????

2g sd card is to small for your cameras try 4g or above.

i also think an nvr is you best option and cheapest

That was the original post, HDD vs SSD, the OP changed his post, so I have no idea what he's asking about SD or SSD. This is someone that spells cameras with a k, so not even sure he means cameras.

You have several options:

Internal recording:

- Install an SD card in the camera and record to that. The space is limited so you can't record many hours, but it should work once you've got it formatted correctly. You might also have a bad card; that can be tested in a PC. Buellwinkle, are yours FAT32 or what?

External recording:

- Standalone network HD: You need a NAS (network attached storage, or network hard drive) that will record IP cams. There are a variety that do this. Not all network drives will record cameras.

- NVR software on a PC: There are lots of network video recorder programs that run on all kinds of PCs, from free to thousands of dollars, depending on what you want to do.

- Standalone NVR: A dedicated box that records your cameras. There are lots of these, too, but only limited ones support Dahua. Dahua makes some affordable ones that work well with their cameras.

Internal recording:

- Install an SD card in the camera and record to that. The space is limited so you can't record many hours, but it should work once you've got it formatted correctly. You might also have a bad card; that can be tested in a PC. Buellwinkle, are yours FAT32 or what?

I never tried it with Dahua, but on other cameras it's just a simple fat32 format.

I doubt (although i might be wrong) that DAHUA uses FAT32 format.

Usually, they use their own file system.

Reason? Security. For example, you cannot erase a period of time on DAHUA's DVRs/NVRs (only the whole HDDs)

You have several options:

Internal recording:

External recording:

- Standalone network HD: You need a NAS (network attached storage, or network hard drive) that will record IP cams. There are a variety that do this. Not all network drives will record cameras.

- NVR software on a PC: There are lots of network video recorder programs that run on all kinds of PCs, from free to thousands of dollars, depending on what you want to do.

- Standalone NVR: A dedicated box that records your cameras. There are lots of these, too, but only limited ones support Dahua. Dahua makes some affordable ones that work well with their cameras.

Thanks you for show me several options.

Interested me the second and third option.

NAS vs. NVR Soft on a PC.

I think NVR is very expensive and NVR Soft have the same or more function ?

What do you think about this mini PC:

, it is cheap and have a lot software and can more option in future. But is this mini PC can make it record on HDD from 2 camera whit full HD ?

Keep in mind that:

NAS:

-doesn't decode video stream (to display it locally, on a VGA/HDMI monitor)

-doesn't manage recordings (usually it's done via a PC)

-doesn't manage/watchdog/config cameras

Soft NVR:

-needs a stable computer

-needs big resources to display decode and display 4 1080p streams

-it's not safe to use the PC for other applications

-if it's Windows based, it's prone to problems (you will have a hard time stripping services and applications from default Windows)

A dedicated NVR should be, in theory, the "mind" that controlls all the system and assures you that the system is running ok; also, we are talking about security here, right?

Yeah, that's the big trade-off between dedicated NVRs and PC based systems. Dedicated is much stabler, while PC systems are much more flexible.

A lot depends on what your goal is - home security, corporate security, hobby, etc - and how critical it is to have 24x7 uptime, as well as whether you'll be adding more cams or MP in the future.

I had dedicated DVRs in the analog days that ran for years without requiring any maintenance or troubleshooting, while PCs need regular reboots if you want to keep up with security updates and such. I've never run a NAS for recording, so can't comment on that.

As dexterash points out, you want a NVR PC to be dedicated, it has to be high quality components, and it has to have the power to support what you want. Still, you can get a $600 PC that will fill the bill on that, and NVR software that's everywhere from free to thousands of dollars.

I have 2 dedicated PCs that run 2 parallel NVR systems right now. These aren't used for any daily tasks - email, web browsing, Office, etc - as that can reduce the stability of a system quite a lot. Both are i3-540 based, with 4-8GB RAM, a 2TB HD, and Windows 7 Embedded.

One's got an Aver 6240-16 card, monitors 14 cams at about 24 MP, and rarely has a problem. I install Windows updates and reboot every couple of weeks. It has overhead to add more cameras and MP, no problem.

The other runs Blue Iris, a $50 NVR program, that's an excellent value if you don't need corporate grade features. It runs 6 cams at 6MP total, and can't handle much more than that without running out of power. I have to reboot more often, as there's an intermittent instability that causes it to crash now and again, but I have a watchdog program that reboots it if it loses contact with BI.

I'm also in the middle of testing a new BI box, with an i5-2570k CPU, that handles a lot more cams and MP, and is very stable so far.

So, one approach would be to download the demo version of Blue Iris, or other free/demo software like Xprotect Go, and play around with it. You'll soon get a feel for what you like and don't like, and what you need; this will affect what level of software you want and the cost.

The other runs Blue Iris, a $50 NVR program, that's an excellent value if you don't need corporate grade features. It runs 6 cams at 6MP total, and can't handle much more than that without running out of power. I have to reboot more often, as there's an intermittent instability that causes it to crash now and again, but I have a watchdog program that reboots it if it loses contact with BI.

Quick interesting ideea: find a usb/network device to do a reset if your PC hangs.

Also, there are 2 more things to consider (in general): power requirements/consumpation and the fact that something bad can happen to you, so you could need your recordings... overall, you didn't spend money on the cameras just to play with them, right?

Maxicon, did your new I5 PC resolve the dropped frames, jittery issue with BI? Also, now that you have more power, did you crank up the fps and what is your CPU % busy now compared to the older i3-540?

Maxicon, did your new I5 PC resolve the dropped frames, jittery issue with BI? Also, now that you have more power, did you crank up the fps and what is your CPU % busy now compared to the older i3-540?

No difference on the HFW-3300C. I had already tested it on my main PC, an i5-2500k, running BI demo, and it still looks like an encoding issue from the Dahua.

I haven't bumped up the FPS yet, but I have the new PC running with 9 cams, including a 5MP, at 50% CPU or so. One big difference is that I don't see a big jump in CPU when multiple cams start recording, compared to the i3. If I turn them all on to constant record, it goes way up, but a big chunk of the CPU usage is the Arecont 5MP, which I probably won't use.

It's been on a few weeks with no issues, and I believe I'll switch it over this weekend. I'll post some detailed results as soon as I get the time.

Quick interesting ideea: find a usb/network device to do a reset if your PC hangs.

Also, there are 2 more things to consider (in general): power requirements/consumpation and the fact that something bad can happen to you, so you could need your recordings... overall, you didn't spend money on the cameras just to play with them, right?

So, there are 2 problems with this PC that the other identical boxes don't have. The main one is that the network connection drops out every few weeks, and is unrepeatable enough that it's very difficult to troubleshoot, so I have a Windows script that pings my POE switch every 10 minutes and reboots if it fails to connect 3 times. So far, that's worked very well.

Unfortunately, I think the Windows scripting engine is the culprit in a software hang that also happens when my memory footprint grows too large, and that's also hard to troubleshoot. When I get the new box running, I'll disable it and see.

My concerns over losing event capture at just the wrong time or missing motion detect (it's happened to all of us, I'm sure) is why I have two independent systems running. I like the BI flexibility and interface, but the Aver NV6240-16 box can record all the cams with both motion detect and 24x7 recording on the same CPU as the BI box. I only get 3-4 days, but if something happens that the motion detect doesn't catch, I can go back and find it on the 24x7 recordings.

Yeah, probably a little over the top for a home system, but I love to solve problems, and the PCs and NV6240 weren't very expensive...

I'm only using IP on the Aver NV6240-16, no analog, so it records at the same resolution as Blue Iris, except a few more cams - 4 x 1MP, 1 x 1.3MP, 1x2MP, and 1x3MP, and 1 x 0.3MP, mostly 10 FPS, with a 5MP thrown in the mix sometimes for testing. The main difference is that I've got 8 channels recording motion detect, and the other 8 channels recording the same cams full time for missed events.

This is around 21MP, and the Aver software's max is 40MP, I believe, so there's still room for more MP in theory.