corybrostek

Need expert advice on 16 CCTV systems

Need Help

I just bought a 20,000 sq ft building and im looking for a 16 camera setup.

The building is over 100 yards front to back and the dvr will be located in the back of building.

Im looking for a 16 cam setup that does not come with the cameras. I want to buy the cams separate depending on where I need it. I want cell access for remote viewing, motion detection.

I will be doing all the installation myself. I fairly advanced as far as tech and have installed a simple 4 cam setup

Is bnc my best option for wiring?

Can I run bnc up to 100 yards?

How to I power all those cameras?? Ive seen these power boxes on tigerdirect and what not but how does that work?

Id like to stay under 800 for just the dvr. I really need something that will last and is quality. All the systems if seen at tiger and new egg have really bad reviews.

any help would be great

BNC is relative only to the type of termination connector used. They are available to work with RG59 and Cat5. RG59 will work at that distance. Cat5 will work at that distance also. That said, I have found out that the majority of failures on DVR's are the hard-drives. I have purchased high cost and low cost DVR's with the hard-drive's failing equally on them all. What I have determined is that it depends on what my customers desire against what they can afford and the features that they actually need. What you can run into on long runs is, that the voltage loss in the cable when operating with DC power. You can get around that problem by using individual power supplies at each camera location. You can also purchase AC voltage camera's and get around the voltage loss issue and supply them all from one source.

Dennis