itchie_2k3

Need help for Design of 140 units IP camera (Axis)

Hi guys,

I have a system requirement for a total of 140 units Axis IP camera. The system requires Entry level camera of Axis w/ mic so I chose Axis P3304. The retention period is 30 days at 30fps. I am thinking of local custom-made server workstation and will use Milestone Enterprise as for the VMS. The question is, how many server workstation will be needed to cover that 30 days retention of 140 units IP Camera.? And what how about the storage, how many TB of HDD should I use.?

Everyone is invited to comment on this. Thanks guys in advance...!!!

Hi guys,

I have a system requirement for a total of 140 units Axis IP camera. The system requires Entry level camera of Axis w/ mic so I chose Axis P3304. The retention period is 30 days at 30fps. I am thinking of local custom-made server workstation and will use Milestone Enterprise as for the VMS. The question is, how many server workstation will be needed to cover that 30 days retention of 140 units IP Camera.? And what how about the storage, how many TB of HDD should I use.?

Everyone is invited to comment on this. Thanks guys in advance...!!!

Why don't you hire Pro ?

Ak347,

I Already think of it but I am not satisfied to the answer of the so-called Pro's here in my location. I still need more info...Thanks for the reply btw...!

Axis has a design tool that lets you pick the model you are using, the scene it is in and generates how the bitrate and total storage. See here - http://www.axis.com/products/video/design_tool/index.htm

Beyond that, verify with Milestone pre-sales how many servers and what CPU / RAM they want you to use. They do this daily and will be able to calculate. Plus, if you follow their recommendations here, you reduce future troubleshooting and eliminating fingerpointing for underspec'ing your server.