cdowning

Kodicom Backup Files -> Viewable Video?

Today, from a client, I received a CD that had the following:

2 bix files, 2 box files

BackupInfo.dat

ksinfo.kif

The CD was to include surveillance clips to support a claim. However, it appears the files are a backup and not an export for viewing. I'm guessing it's a Kodicom system from the searches I've done.

My question is this. Is there a way to view these files without having the system? Before I call them back asking for an "export to avi" instead, I thought I'd post and ask first to save the hassle if possible.

Thanks in advance.

You might want to try VLC a media player with a lot of advanced features as well http://www.videolan.org/

It will play the file if the .dat file has video in it and you have the codec installed on your computer that will enable it to play.

Another thing I like about VLC is that it will play files that are open and currently being writing to.

Also it will play incomplete video files. Most media players won’t.

Check it out. It is something you can try quickly and if it doesn’t work you still have one of the best media players available for free.

I tried the VLC player and it doesn't recognize any of the files as audio or video. From looking at the filesizes, the .bix files are audio, and .box files are video. It's a nice player though, should come in handy at some point.

I've done some searching for Kodicom remote software but can't find anything that will play the files. Considering I don't even know for sure the files are from a Kodicom system, I'll contact the client instead of contacting Kodicom next.

Thanks for the help.