seanog

PTZ 500

Need help with PTZ 500 camera. Pan is 360˚ continuous and tilt is 90˚ Flip. What is 90˚ Flip?

Also I have installed the camera at a height of 10 meters and when I turn the tilt as far as it will go (45˚ I assume) and then zoom x 10 it looks at the ground 30 meters away from where the camera is positioned. See attachment.

Something wrong surely.

Need help with PTZ 500 camera. Pan is 360˚ continuous and tilt is 90˚ Flip. What is 90˚ Flip?

Also I have installed the camera at a height of 10 meters and when I turn the tilt as far as it will go (45˚ I assume) and then zoom x 10 it looks at the ground 30 meters away from where the camera is positioned. See attachment.

Something wrong surely.

Hi

can I have the photo of the PTZ ?

Is it a MINI 10x optical PTZ ?

Philip

Philip.hdview@gmail.com

Yes, as far as I know it's a 5" 10x zoom. The supplier I got it from doesn't do that model any more so difficult to know.

Made a bit of a hash of that last post. It should have read :" Also I have installed the camera at a height of 10 meters and when I turn the tilt to Horizontal as far as it will go (0˚ I assume) and then zoom x 10 it looks at the ground 30 meters away from where the camera is positioned".

I took the camera back to the shop and they dismantled it and we saw that the camera does not go to 0˚Horizontal although you can move it by hand to 0˚ but when you use the controller it is back the same problem. He assured me that this is normal and to put it higher up which I can't do.

Any ideas?

but when you use the controller it is back the same problem.

Every time you use the controller it goes back to the same problem? Once you re-install the camera, you might try taking the dome off and by hand, as you did on the bench, point the camera up two ticks. Replace the dome and that should give you a more level plane. The only time it should might reset is if you reboot the camera either manually, or if you lose power and it reboots. If every time you use the controller it resets, than I guess there's nothing you can do. But hopefully, when the camera is in place, point the camera up a couple ticks and if it holds, you'll be happier. You may have to adjust any presets you have once you do this, as they may be slightly off. I have a ball dome ptz that dose the same thing and I just did this manual adjustment, pointing the camera up two ticks, and it makes a big difference. Good luck.

the flip mean when the camera to the horizontal position, the camera will turn to other size. And image will turn over.

If the tilt only can move to 45 degree, then can't move any. Maybe the problem is the dome camera can't find the "0" position

The tilt direction turning is from "0" to "90" degree, then auto flip, then from "90" to "0" degree turning. If the dome can't find the ture "0" position, it can't know where is the ture position.

There is one switch on tilt turning gear. You'd better take a check. Maybe this switch out of work. The switch be used to send one signal to singlechip for "0" position

Marvin Young

www.uaichina.ne

Tried what Shockwave suggested, it turns by hand past "0" then when I operate the controller so long as I do not go past approx. "70" it will return to past "0" which is the correct position. But if I go to "80" or "90" it will only return to about "10".

Hope you can follow that.

Marvincctv: where can I find a "switch"?

Just to recap, I can push camera to "0" which is a Hard Stop.. Then If I turn camera 10 degrees and then turn back it will stop just short of the Hard Stop. If I turn 40 degrees and turn back it stops further from the Hard Stop and If I turn the full 90 degrees it will be further away still from Hard Stop.

Come on, I need help. Normally should a camera tilt operate from 0º to 90º unless it is preset?