Sign in to follow this  
Razer_SE

Anyone used/seen the Axis M3007-P series cameras?

I was just wondering if anyone has used the new 360 cameras from Axis, the M3007-P and the M3007-PV. I have used a couple of the ACTi hemispheric cameras and they preform alright, but when using them for a 180 panoramic view you only get half quality and though it works ok, I would sure like more resolution. Anyone that has used one, or seen video examples online, I'd love to hear what you thought.

Wondering if the Axis would be a major jump, the only video I have seen of them working are factory type videos and I like to see third party "real" videos before I make the decision. I priced them though ADI and they are way higher than I can get them from literally anyone else so I guess I'll be buying online if I decide to get a few. ADI was over $70 higher than Amazon for instance! I get my ACTi cameras from ADI and get great deals, Axis not so much it seems.

Just be careful where you buy axis online. They are pretty protective of their channel program and many online sellers are selling 3rd party. At least through ADI you know they will have a warranty. Amazon is probably not an authorized reseller.

The problem with Axis is you have to be partner to get better pricing. For example, I bet ADI gives you their non-partner price. If you signup with Axis you will get better pricing from ADI. I know with Anixster, I get better pricing as an Axis partner.

I priced them though ADI and they are way higher than I can get them from literally anyone else

Hi can you PM me the price you had.

we had a demo back in october. i would put it on par with the mobotix. not seen it at low light, but day is very good. and half price of mobotix

On par with Mobotix sounds good to me as I have really liked their cameras, just not liked the prices. If so then the pricing on the Axis looks even better. The locations my cameras would be for now would all be totally lit 24hrs a day so low light is less of an issue for now, but I'd like to test them anyway as I know how the ACTi ones work at night.

Thanks for the pricing information, I may see what I can do as I do like to have a warranty available to me just in case. I'll see about getting registered with them, maybe get one first and ensure I like it then do the work. I have liked Axis images but never used them as they do not make what I need usually, like bullets. Domes I use rarely in our camera situation, and I've had great luck with Vivoteks domes recently so I never bothered with Axis.

I'll shoot you the price I got too Tom.

Your pricing depends on your partner level. Silver partner level is UP TO 15% of MSRP and that is up to the distributor. This is why I refuse to sell Axis cameras I am sick in tired of seeing pricing all over the internet that is cheaper then I can purchase as a partner.

As for the M3007 series I have one. I ordered and tested the ACTI fish-eye and sent it back. They say it is a 4 MP camera but it only spits out a max of 1080P and you cant get the full fisheye view from the camera. I have a Mobotix Q24 and I setup the M3007 right next to it and the Axis image quality and frame rate is much better for about half the price.

Thanks for weighing in on the camera, glad to hear it is as good as I hoped. After looking at more at the prices I got from ADI they are actually over MSRP as stated in the press release from Axis when they were released. I've never ran into that before lol.

I saw the partner levels last night and the requirements for such a small discount is pretty dumb. Were I reselling cameras I would not bother with Axis I don't think, glad I'm just using what I get.

Appreciate the feedback on the camera everyone, thanks!