Does anyone know of any web encoders to convert analogue to IP, that will stream JPEG so that it may work on a Dibis Bosch DVR also would be handy if you could do several cameras at one time in one device.

Pricing is an issue.... I need 28 of them.

did you check out the Acti Video Servers?

Real time with 1 channel servers, if using 2 or 4 channel servers it breaks down the speed though. But only requires 1.5mbps for full D1 Real time video, which is good. Depends what they are willing to pay for, after doing 48 hours with no sleep, searching every IP rep/co/manu, most of them are the same anyway, i found the Acti gear to have the best specs .. never used them myself so thats as far as ill go on that

Gents:

We're doing some ACTi reselling from Sydney - I'm not sure if our ACTi plan includes NZ - but we supply all of our other products to the New Zealand market.

We've go a few of the encoders here, but are only using the 5100 series IP cameras now, don't have any analog camera's for the encoders on hand.

But these are mpeg-4 encoders, not the JPG source that Dibos accepts.

So I'm afraid that you will have no luck with the ACTi products.

Regards:

Dave

If you can live with MPEG4 compression instead of JPEG, then ACTi's stuffs are better bet.

Not sure about this Bosch DVR, it only accept JPEG? I thought most DVRs take in analogue signal?

ACTi has this 4 channel video server SED-2300Q, which can stream 4 x CIF channel at full 25 fps each, or 4 x D1 channel at 6 fps each, quite reasonably priced.

At the other end you can consider using SED-3200 MPEG4 transcoder to convert the IP stream back to analogue video.

Edited by Guest

The Dibos DVR accepts both analogue and IP inputs but most MPEG4 encoding is proprietory and therefore can not be decoded by many Hybrid DVR's this is why JPEG enconding (becasue it is more standard) is recommended.

I need JPEG IP cameras or I would prefer Encoding widgets