K435

NUVICO NVCC-W27IR30N D/N CLR BULLET any good ? i'm 1st timer

HI !

I'm new here and 1st timer looking to setup 4 cameras outside house.

I want to get the GV600-4 card. I have a budget of $5-600 for 4 cameras.

I was thinking something like NUVICO NVCC-W27IR30N DAY/NIGHT.

specs only show 380 TV Lines, not sure if this is enough, I've seen

other cheaper cameras with 420 TVL..... I'm thinking if these are powerful

enough ... I want to cover 30-50 feet. Does anyone have any other suggestions...

I'm also interested in

http://www.apeccctv.com/apecdirect/products/6AB3N01R2.htm

http://www.apeccctv.com/apecdirect/products/62B3N01DB2.htm

also recommend where i can get it ?

thanks you so much..!!

for driveway, back slidedoor, side house , side fence, maybe inside garage. which cards and cameras should I look into. budget $1000

not including PC. distance of driveway is abt 50 ft. thanks for your help.

Well, for a few bucks more, AC is a lot more resistant to interference and other potential factors that may affect video quality. Ace can is a stronger current and can be run longer distances.

Watts it the true measurement of power

1 AMP at 12VD = 12 Watts

1 AMP at 24VAC = 24 Watts

thats a great looking camera, nice specs. But i want to spend half, 4 of those will get expensive.

I came across this, i wonder if it was suffient @ night.

[edit from mod - link removed due to controversial dealer pricing - added specs below]

1/3" Sony Super HAD IR Weatherproof Camera

Long Distance ex-clear view up to 40 meters in total darkness

With an aid of high power (850nm) IR LEDs ( 48 ), it can clearly cover distanced of up to 40 meters in 0 LUX conditions.

Extremely reliable power control

This camera utilizes power safty technology to prevent it from overheating. It is remarkable that this unit with 48 LEDs does not generate heat at all. Generally LED cmaeras generate too much heat and it lowers the life span of the LED and CCD sensors. This degredation was formerly regarded as a normal step in the life cycle of IR cameras. This unit provides a clear and trouble-free solution

Complete waterproof mechanism

This unit is produced for underwater use. It is tested for 24 hours in order to guarantee that no moisture or condensation will develope on the glass in any harsh weather condition.

Key Features

* Waterproof up to 150 feet guaranty

* 1/3" Sony Super HADColor CCD sensor

* IR sensitive BW switching at night & true color at day

* Automatic LED on/off

* Highly defined 380 TVL Horizontal Resolution

* Remarkably clear picture quality

* Low Lux performance of 0.1 Lux without LED

* Sunshield included

* Vandal Resistant

* Interchangable lens style

* No heat!!

That is a underwater camera. Do you need that?

The 48led’s on that camera will probably reflect of the lens giving you a poor picture.

You would be better off to have a motion light that comes on and provides enough light for the camera to produce a usable image, if possible.

It is a really low resolution camera. You can get a nice B/W with more TVL and it will see better at night.

I don’t see an IR filter on it either which will give you distorted color images.

There is a lot to learn about cameras. You might want to really spend a little time in the camera section of the forum reading through the posts to become more familiar with the differences in cameras and how to pick one out.

From the specs, it appears to be a budget color IR camera, not Day Night which switches to a real BW mode and which would have an IR cutfilter in color mode to block out IR from sunlight.

I have used the equivelent of this camera, as it is an OEM camera, and really the IR is not great. It all boils down to what you can afford, it is a budget camera and serves a purpose, to give you some kind of image at a low price.

Basically I wouldn't count on it for outdoors too much as far as the Infrared goes, but indoors it should work okay.

Rory

i agree with Sal, the camera posted is only a fixed lens with electonic iris, no IR Cut Filter, and also dont really go by the IR specs, they are never that much, especially 30LEDs, you are lucky to get 30-40 feet outdoors.

PS. You get what you pay for ...

exactly, it is not only the number of LEDs, but the density and quality of the camera (i.e. IR cut filter, mech day/night. etc)