EarlT

Identify coax connection type

Was that a satellite radio connection? I think they use SMB connectors, see if this is correct: http://www.hollandelectronics.com/catalog/catalog.php?product_id=Satellite-Radio-Jumper-F-Female-SMB-Jack

Before you buy the DECA adapters go to ebay and search for "directv deca" and you will find a much better price. Directv has a couple of different versions of their deca devices and any will work. The white brick looking ones with the green label might not come with a power supply. They all do the same thing, but the white ones use a large power supply that usually is used for powering the dish. Look for either of the black ones that come with an ac adapter.

These retail for much more but I think a lot of installers and whatnot that have receivers with built in deca end up selling these on ebay when not used in an install.

The female connector is almost definitely a standard BNC connector. The male connector (on the cable) looks like a "push on" male BNC. Push on BNCs are very rare. You would need to get a BNC female - to - "F" male adapter to adapt the cable.

Alternatively you could cut off the BNC and install an "F" connector on the cable. Or, you could just buy an Ethernet over Coax (EoC) device that is more suited to IP cameras like the Veracity HIGHWIRE, NVT EC1701 series, Vigitron MaxiiCopper series, Altronix eBridge series or many others. Those almost always have BNC connectors.

I am wanting to identify this type of coax connection. [attachment=0]Connector.JPG[/attachment] I need to find an adapter so I can pipe ethernet through a pelco esprit and put an IP camera using these

DIRECTV SERVICE IS REQUIRED FOR SYSTEM TO WORK (DECA adapters)

Is this true ?

I am wanting to identify this type of coax connection. [attachment=0]Connector.JPG[/attachment] I need to find an adapter so I can pipe ethernet through a pelco esprit and put an IP camera using these

DIRECTV SERVICE IS REQUIRED FOR SYSTEM TO WORK (DECA adapters)

Is this true ?

No, it just uses a block of frequency between 450-650 Mhz on the coax for ethernet. But if you wanted to share that coax it might only be compatible with Directv.

No, it just uses a block of frequency between 450-650 Mhz on the coax for ethernet. But if you wanted to share that coax it might only be compatible with Directv.

That what I thought

Thx

Was that a satellite radio connection? I think they use SMB connectors, see if this is correct: http://www.hollandelectronics.com/catalog/catalog.php?product_id=Satellite-Radio-Jumper-F-Female-SMB-Jack

Before you buy the DECA adapters go to ebay and search for "directv deca" and you will find a much better price. Directv has a couple of different versions of their deca devices and any will work. The white brick looking ones with the green label might not come with a power supply. They all do the same thing, but the white ones use a large power supply that usually is used for powering the dish. Look for either of the black ones that come with an ac adapter.

These retail for much more but I think a lot of installers and whatnot that have receivers with built in deca end up selling these on ebay when not used in an install.

That cable you linked to is exactly what I would need. My picture did not show the difference in size between the two connectors.

I'll see what I can find on ebay.

Thanks!

So these DirecTV DECA items require power? Both ends or just the sending end?

Just trying to get the correct items.

Thanks

So these DirecTV DECA items require power? Both ends or just the sending end?

Just trying to get the correct items.

Thanks

Yes they require power at each adapter, get ones that come with an adapter like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIRECTV-DECA-BB1MR0-01-INTERNET-BROAD-BAND-ADAPTER-MRV-/121049720569?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2f2026f9

There is no TX/RX and you could actually have them work off of splitters like the SWM (single wire multiswitch) splitters that Directv uses for their systems. So you could have one at the router and others off of splitters going to different IP devices.

If they both require power then I sense a possible problem. One of these is going in the housing with the camera and powering it might be an issue. The ones I linked on Amazon claim to not require power. Just a passive connection and that keep failure down to a minimum. Looking at the images on some of these, it only appeared to require power at the origin point.

If they both require power then I sense a possible problem. One of these is going in the housing with the camera and powering it might be an issue. The ones I linked on Amazon claim to not require power. Just a passive connection and that keep failure down to a minimum. Looking at the images on some of these, it only appeared to require power at the origin point.

I wasnt even thinking about he power when I looked at them on amazon, I just knew there was a cheaper deca. It would be possible to put power down the coax with the use of splitters but the passive device is a cleaner way to do it and probably not worth the savings. Is power for the camera already there? Depending on voltage could tap into that power.

That Pelco Esprit has a lot of circuitry in the system. I would be leery of feeding power down the coax since it's not a clean run. I am also not 100% certain that feeding Ethernet down their will be clean. If Pelco has a system where full control can be done over the coax, then it might be a gamble getting a signal up there.

There is 24v power up top, so powering the camera will be easy enough. I could also power other items if the load is not too great. I'm in the process of dismantling it so I can trace out the wires and see what each does. I'll have to send PT commands back down to the control somehow.

Have you already pulled the camera out?

The PTZ functions of the Espirt still functions?

For some reason I think you are going to run into a jam with controlling the espirt case at once location, and the zoom of a IP camera at another location.

I think your correct. With the camera out it would not boot properly. It's just a project so I am learning as I go. If you have any info on ways around that, I'm all ears.

I'm not the most advanced on the technical side of things, and I know we just released the IP version of the Espirt, but I have no clue how they went about it.

Do you want to control this via a VMS or Keyboard?

My idea would be to bring 2wire controls to the Espirt, then follow that line through to the controls on the camera. Although I haven't been inside of one of these monsters in quite some time, not sure if you can fish one through.

My biggest concern is that once you remove the analog camera the system simply wont boot.

Why not power the camera through the same power source as the Espirt, then run a control wire from the Espirt to the Camera (assuming you can fish a wire through)

The PTZ should pickup the PTZ, and Zoom should pickup the Zoom....

My plan is to run it via Avigilon ACC and initially have a IP camera that can output RS485 to control the P/T. Fishing wire from the mid section to the top is easy. Getting from the mount to the mid section would require a new slip ring. I feel fairly confident I can find where to control pan and tilt internally, just not so sure I can get it to work minus the analog camera.

It's clearly not your basic PT system. Even if I abort this project, the camera will still be used. It works quite well with ACC.

http://www.amazon.com/Dualcomm-Ethernet-over-Adapters-DECA-100/dp/B009AGCLVG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361035364&sr=1-1

That looks like the seimens connectors that we used to use on 9Ghz microwave gear.