BrownChiLD

Any solutions to Remote Viewing with blocked ports?

Hi guys

I'm new on this forum, but have been dealing w/ computers, networks and cctvs/ipcams for quite some time now...

I was just wondering if there's GOOOD a way to do REMOTE VIEWING if the ISP has blocked INCOMING traffic, w/c is the case here.

I know there's an FTP UPLOAD feature on most ipcams and dvrs, but that's best for storage.. and to view it one needs to run a webserver along the FTP server, and well the user has to connect view per image/video and keep refreshing and all that jazz..

I heard of STREAMING TO SERVER function w/c would be much "seamless" i believe, but one needs to setup its players , not to mention get a server or signup for ustream..

now, i dont miind setting up a media server someowhere to receive the streams though.. is there a software for this? that can work w/ streams from cameras?

are there no better solution to this?

regards

Not sure if your idea will with with mobile viewing, but I just think if an ISP is blocking every single port or traffic coming in, than the best solution would be change ISP's or contact the current ISP and ask to unblock one port for remote view. You are paying them for a service, I don't see why they would say no to you?

Not sure if your idea will with with mobile viewing, but I just think if an ISP is blocking every single port or traffic coming in, than the best solution would be change ISP's or contact the current ISP and ask to unblock one port for remote view. You are paying them for a service, I don't see why they would say no to you?

That's the thing though, there are areas here were we have no choice.. and that's the problem im trying to solve.. another is, if there's a way to do this reverse (instead of user connecting INTO the site, the site (DVR/Cams) are pushing out info to a server somewhere), that also makes it easier to setup for some situations where one need not fiddle w/ routers, changing routers will not be a problem, etc..

so really i'm lookin for a "good" REMOTE VIEWING solution that does not require INCOMING PORT configuration.

Can you use something like Teamviewer or other remote access software to gain control from outside of a local PC inside the network. Teamviewer says it works through most firewalls without configuration.

Can you use something like Teamviewer or other remote access software to gain control from outside of a local PC inside the network. Teamviewer says it works through most firewalls without configuration.

yeh teamviewer or logmein would be a solution , but "not" a good one. having to control the desktop of the PCDVR is overkill to one who'd like to see video feeds .. plus we use DVR usually and you can't install these remote administration stuffs on.. hmmm.......

i could get a DVR that can be controlled over LAN from a PC and put the Teamviewer on that. but wow, that's a lot of middleware

Have you tried changing the DVR from port 80? I know most ISP's block port 80 to stop people from hosting their own web servers, try changing the port to something like 8080 or another high order port you should then have no problem.

Have you tried changing the DVR from port 80? I know most ISP's block port 80 to stop people from hosting their own web servers, try changing the port to something like 8080 or another high order port you should then have no problem.

yes i have tried other ports.. it's basically a general incoming block stuff.. also a reason/need for Mobile GPRS connections.. these types of connections normally dont have incoming traffic support as per my experience.

so i figured do away w/ need for incoming connectivity and find a solution that works..