Machineman

Dahua, Q-See 1.3mp Bullet event area set-up issue

I have a few of these cam on the same network with assigned seperate Static IP / ports and plugged into a POE switch . The wierd thing is that sometimes the Event area set-up, you know the gridlined screen where you select the motion detection area, from one cam assimilates to the other cams. Its happened with and without the NVR in use. Any ideas how to stop this? How does this selected grid move from one camera to all the others? I reconfigured all the cams event area and saved it. Then went back and checked and they are still OK. So something or some command is doing this other than just saveing it.

I observed this very same issue yesterday while playing with some online demo cameras. I would hazard a guess that this is somehow a bug in the ActiveX-control for these cameras.

It's a shame that (many of) the Chinese vendors sticks with a proprietary technology like ActiveX, and not something more modern that also works in other browsers than the dreaded MSIE.

I have found a workaround for this. If you visit the "Overlay" tab in the on the "Setup/Camera/Video", the image will be updated, and should be correct when you return to the event mask setup page.