kingofnapier

Please help with camera suggestion.

I have a vacant house that I need a security camera for to get license plate of repeating burglars.

I need a camera that:

is outdoor rated

activates with temperature of human

allows me to watch and record realtime video on my android phone

sends me alert if picks up temperature

doesn't need home internet

wireless

has camera range of at least 30ft

Any ideas?

How about a camera with a SD card that records direct to that, and when you want to review video you just go pick up the card. For the clearness to pick up a license plate you are going to want a megapixel camera. Based on the limitations of no internet, and the wanting of updates when it picks up motion and no on site DVR/NVR I can't think of a way off the top of my head for this to be done..

Yes, an SD cam would be able to record internally without a PC or NVR. However, you'll need something to send the alerts and video out, so the trick is coming up with a system to do that.

With no internet, you'll need a cell enabled system. http://www.eyeseecamera.com/ makes a GSM enabled camera, but I don't know much about it. Otherwise, there's no way to get the data out of the camera or recorder to your phone. Another option would be to connect it to a GSM router, which may require a PC.

Temperature detect instead of motion detect requires alarm inputs on the camera that can be connected to a PIR sensor.

No camera is wireless - the choice is whether you need 1 or 2 wires (power and data). Many cameras run on POE and only require one cable, but others require both a power cable and a video or network cable.

This sounds like an expensive project, due to the no-internet requirement, but I could be wrong. I'd post this request in the IP cam forum, where people have done this sort of thing more.

Sounds to me like you need TWO things. One is an alarm system with PIR motion detection. That's probably the best solution for idiotproofing the alerts. You can get them with landline or cellphone notifications. Cell is the best if you have coverage there- they can't cut the phone lines and the internal battery backup would enable it to notify the alarm company before the batteries died if they cut the power. The second would be cameras. Having a network cam with internal SD card for recording motion events would be my first step. If you're on a budget, some of the Dahua 2 and 3mp domes and bullets do 32GB flash card storage. The HDB-3200 (not the C model) is day/night WITHOUT infrared (stealthy at night) and would probably be my first Dahua choice. Not sure how good it is at capturing plates at night with headlights on though. My Axis P3364VE (also no IR) does quite nicely at getting plates at night in dim lighting in colour (?!) mode with headlights on or off and does in-camera storage up to 64 gigs. It also works with outboard PIR motion detectors, driveway alarms, or whatever. Add a cheap dvr running in the house with one or two of the cheapest nastiest IR bullets you can find mounted outside and then they'll most likely find it easily, steal the DVR, maybe vandalize the obvious cheap IR cams and leave the good unlit network camera with the evidence sitting on the side of the house. Inside the house, I'd stick covert cameras (alarm clocks, smoke detectors, etc) with SD card storage in a few key places near 24hr lamps for lighting. If the alarm system calls you or the police then hopefully they won't have enough time to wreck or steal a solidly mounted vandal dome and/or steal the alarm clocks.