palma

i need help

hi, i am new in cctv, i want a system for my house, the longest area to cover will be about 45', i do not have a big budget but i need to begin, i was looking at aposonic, swann,mlt, qsee and from gadspot they have one in 360.00, which one is better, i know i get what i pay for but i need to start somwhere, thanks

At 360$ you are going to get what you pay for. Package systems in your price range usually consist of low quality 420TVL cameras which are usually pretty crappy. You are usually lucky if you get 75 feet of premade wire for each camera, usually more like 50FT which wont get you very far from your DVR.

These systems are great if you are covering a small area and don't care to much about the image quality. If you are looking to protect your home I would suggest you piece the system together slowly, start with a good DVR, then find yourself some good cameras, learn how to make your own cables from 22/4 security cable (goes for about $35 per 500FT). This will allow you to build a far better system then any package.