mgb

Basic IP MP Camera Design Including PTZs

Hi everyone,

I've got a side job going on that I'm currently planning out and attempting to come up with the equipment for.

Its a sheet metal shop that currently has 2 old cisco wireless pan tilt cameras indoors and nothing else.

These Cisco cams may later be swapped out also.

The customer wants to add an indoor ptz to cover the employee entrance and a shop area, an outdoor ptz to cover the lot and loading dock and a fixed outdoor to cover the driveway.

I'm not new to this as I do work in the field but my main experience with IP cameras has been Avigilon (and soon I will be working IQ Invision on a 125 camera project)

I'm trying to keep a nice balance between cost and features/reliabilty.

I'm kinda liking the Geovision GV-SD220 (INDOOR) and GV-SD220-S (OUTDOOR) Speed Domes.

I'm liking that these speed domes have WDR especially with the employee entrance into a darker room.

I'm also wondering about software for viewing and recording without an expensive server.

I would love to hear some opinions, especially from anyone who has used geovision cameras.

I also haven't ruled out Vivotek or even Arecont Vision 360 degree cameras

Nobody?

From what I know, the geovision line seems good but

I just wanted to see if there's something

out there I may be missing.

Im curious with your experience with Avigilon why you wouldn't put ACC core in there. Those Geovision PTZ cameras support onvif (anyone know the version) and it should work in ACC.

Im curious with your experience with Avigilon why you wouldn't put ACC core in there. Those Geovision PTZ cameras support onvif (anyone know the version) and it should work in ACC.

2.0v Onvif, it works in ExacqVision for exaple.

But geovision comes with its own software for free

ACC is good and easy to use but I'm in no way

married to it and I'd like to try others.

Good point on the free Geovision software. Sad to see so many low cost cameras only supporting Onvif 2.0. Seems like 2.2 is the more current full featured set.