EOppie

Availability of HFW3200S, February...March...April?

There have been a few cases of lenses that were soft in one area, looking much like yours. Someone here had that problem, swapped out the lens (I think), and the problem went away.

My Dahuas are soft in shadows when there's bright light - the grass can be sharp in the sunlight, but a foot away in shadow, it's really soft. This appears to be part of their processing algorithm, as others have complained about.

As for the night shots, I haven't seen them yet, but my Dahuas all over-sharpen in medium low light (like just before and just after the mode changes), causing a lot of noise that looks like rectangular pixels. When the light drops more, it gets better. Dahua really needs to add a sharpening adjustment to these cams.

EOppie, I got this VimeUhOh message when clicking on your Vimeo link-

Sorry, "Wedding" was deleted at 12:21:27 Wed Dec 2, 2009.

’’We have no more information about it on our mainframe or elsewhere.

https://vimeo.com/63764243

I left off the "3" when copying the link...whoopsies.

Password is cam-it

are you using video analytics? what software are you running on that? looking for something like that other then motion detection but everything is big money.

https://vimeo.com/63764243

I left off the "3" when copying the link...whoopsies.

Password is cam-it

looks great.

what software? Is that Vitamin D?

Thx EOppie. Dynamic range looks pretty good. Good detail on the porch while the yard isn't washed out either. Looks to be focused too close though. The top of the ladder before it is moved is nice and sharp but the yard is fuzzy. You are fuzzy but improve as you get closer.

Sorry for my delay in responding.

I am running BlueIris and had turned on motion overlay while I was testing the camera. I usually run it for a while to see what is triggering the camera and tweak my motion sensitivity settings.

How much are they asking for it? Why not get the Lorex 2-pack from Costco and load Hikvision firmware and get 3MP mini IR bullet for $175?

I thought about this also...by the time you add tax then its 186.72 ea. in my state. Then add another 55.00 if you are not a Costco member (which I am not).

Then after you flash it...there goes the warranty out the window. So all I can say the Dahua is cheaper in my world...given that it is a 2MP cam.

I seriously considered the Costco ones as well (already member). Having a Dahau NVR made the 3200S units a seemingly safer bet. Wasn't sure if anyone confirmed the Hiko's worked with Dahua NVR or not.

I thought about this also...by the time you add tax then its 186.72 ea. in my state. Then add another 55.00 if you are not a Costco member (which I am not).

Then after you flash it...there goes the warranty out the window. So all I can say the Dahua is cheaper in my world...given that it is a 2MP cam.

You can get the 3MP Hikvision version shipped from China for $138 + shipping, it's maybe $180 shipped, no sales tax, no Costco membership and you have a true 3MP camera supported by a manufacturer with a U.S. presence, just saying.

Nothing beats driving 20 minutes to your local distributor with a bad part and walking out with a new one. I just wish

our local distributors had the same prices as the Chinese websites.

We have them here in L.A., www.owltechcctv.com, authorized Dahua distributor. His prices are comparable to China, some things higher, some less. Had a booth at ISC West. Not retail though, for those thinking it is.