cglaeser

Avigilon bullet sample video

I saw those a while back. Shame more real world Avigilon examples aren't out there. It does make a good showing of the capability.

There are lots of sample video from Avigilon cameras on youtube.

I still have my bullet camera on my desk. I haven't had enough time to mess with it yet still playing with the ALPR plug in.

Here is a great one from the PTZ camera...

MVGuhmGVpb4

Edited by Guest

I think that may be the 3MP. The 100 dB dynamic range does a nice job on those plates at night. I'd like to get a few of these myself.

Best,

Christopher

The clip you posted is the 3MP bullet but remember the 1,2,3 MP bullet cameras are all WDR. The 5MP is not.

Thanks. That's why I'm leaning towards the 3MP over the 5MP.

Best,

Christopher

I would go with the 5MP but that is just me

Do you think it could read front and rear plates at night as well or better than the 3MP?

Best,

Christopher

I would think the 3mp WDR would outshine the 5mp bullet in low light situations. I think until we see some samples from two side by side, it will be an academic debate.

I have seen them

5MP 9-22mm bullet is nice for plates

Thanks. A king must know these things.

Best,

Christopher

I've been looking at these as well. I thought the same thing about the 3MP WDR over the 5MP, but have been told by a couple of integrators to go with the 5MP and I will not be disappointed. There are a couple of features that leave questions. From what I understand the adaptive IR can not be turned off or on manually. The Adaptive IR will use some of the emitters when in night mode until motion is detected the ramp up accordingly. Currently these are autofocus. I have not yet seen anything that is not on youtube. The videos do show promise, but I'm still trying to get more info.

LOL... I like how they were driving so fast. I'm sure they are well trained with their weapons... probably hit all their targets.

I especially like the guy that runs the same direction the cars are going! LOL

I doubt there is much difference in quality. Just better resolution with the 3mp at a lower frame rate.