lowpro

Looking for PIR Motion Detector recommendations...See Pic

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if you guys had any recommendations on PIR Motion Detectors? Up the street there is a speed bump, so I'm getting a lot of false alarms at night time when the camera senses the car lights move up and down. I'm mostly concerned with the front door and two walkways. End of the driveway is about 60 feet away.

Most of the motion detectors that I've seen are mounted to the wall. Do they make some that would hang off of the eve? I guess I'll have to look around.

Are all detectors pretty much the same? I'm guessing the difference is just the "trigger" area?

This is one of the Q-See 1.3mp ip cameras with an M12 3.6mm lens.

214401_1.bmp

Thanks!

Did you set the Camera to notify you when there is motion or are you using an external motion sensor?

You can setup the detection zone in the camera see below.

untitled.jpg.7c0f07769cbe1d4e2924688a581eeb46.jpg

I am confused with what you are asking. On one note, your asking about a PIR motion detector and mentioning most

of the mount on the wall. Do you want a PIR for your alarm system to protect your walkway??? And on the other note,

your mentioning your CCTV system and it's picking up car headlights. As mentioned above, why don't you just

mask out the area that you do not want the camera to pick up in your NVR setting? If it's a PIR motion detector

for your alarm system, it doesn't matter if its on the wall, ceiling, or floor, if you want it to protect only a certain

area and not another, you will have to do some masking and alot of walk testing.