gamboss

IP address, Gateway etc when setting up CCTV remote viewing

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up a Sunluxy CCTV system and the instructions are very very poor.

The only part I am confused about is how to get my system to talk to my modem/router so I can view my CCTV remotely. I have several questions and anyone out there who can help, THANK YOU!!!

1. Do I connect the ethernet cable from the CCTV system to the WAN or the LAN on the modem/router?

2. My CCTV has several fields that need to be filled in on the "Network Setup" screen (I have attached a screen shot of this) and am wondering what info do I put into each field. I have several sub-questions here:

a. Is the IP address field the IP address of the CCTV system?

b. What is the Gateway? Is this my computer's IP address?

c. Subnet mask? MAC address? Preferred DNS? Confused about all of these

d. I understand the ports but have a question about that below.

3. I have logged into my modem/router by using 192.168.0.1 as I use a netgear modem. I have tried to add these ports (Web port 80 and Dataport 8880) however what IP address do I put in, is it the IP address of the CCTV system?

If anyone out there can help, I would be ever so grateful. Alternatively, if anyone can recommend an IT guy/girl who can come to my home and offer a service to get this thing working, I'd be happy to pay.

Thank you

photo.JPG.827d4fc87df2f1d1c64ee0d69d0ab56d.JPG

965800929_ScreenShot2013-03-16at6_01_30AM.png.68a786e0792bb78782545992a392d57d.png

Hello there.

1. You will connect the DVR to a LAN port (1-2-3 or 4), not WAN, since that is where your Internet connection comes in.

2a. Yes, the IP address is the DVR's IP address.

2b. The best way to get this info, is to go to a computer connected to the same router, and type in a command line (cmd) the following command: ipconfig/all. then you will see your gateway address. usually the router's internal (private) IP address. Since the IP address of the router is 192.168.0.1, then the DVR should be 192.168.0.114, not 192.168.1.114

2c. Subnet mask, you will find that in the 2b section as well, from the ipconfig/all command. should be 255.255.255.0

Prefered DNS will be listed as DNS Server from the ipconfig/all command again. Should be 192.168.0.1 in your case, not 192.168.1.1

3. For the port forwarding part, you tell the router that if somebody is requesting port 80 and 8880, then forward them to the internal Ip address 192.168.0.114. So Yes, that would be the address of the DVR. (your router picture is very small)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Thank you so much,

I'll give this a go and see what I can do.

REALLY REALLY appreciate you taking the time to respond to my request.

Enjoy your week

i can help you need to go to the port forwarding page of your router and forward the ports the you said http port 80 and data port 8880 to the ip of your cctv system then once all that is done you need to go to internet explorer under tools and internet options then security and custom level and eable the following activex controls in the following image then once you have done that in the address bar of your browser internet explorer type in your external ip which you can find on the following web site http://www.whatsmyipaddress.org then once you have your ip from this site type it in as follows this is example by the way http://182 197 48 154:80/ the 80 at the end of the ip is the http port you frowarded on your router once typed in hit enter and you should get a blank screen more less like the one in the following image but with download some where on the screen

then hit download and install once that is done typ in ip address as before and you should get a screen like mine with 4 black boxses and a log in screen should appear asking for the ip address that is in the address bar and a username and password if you set one up for your cctv use that to log in if you havn't got one it does not matter just tick the tick box on the right of the log in box to enable sockets and type in the ip and click next your cameras shold then appear like mine do

1410746755_activexcontrols.jpg.23111edc2da0bb0d790ca13a4b16dabf.jpg

1354007543_afterenableingactivexcontrolsandtypingipaddressintoaddressbar.thumb.jpg.a1e681e2276d5f6aa75c8a8439c45f33.jpg

1682241520_camerasworkingonlineanywhereintheworld.thumb.jpg.1904551b698c9c38e145f850f9aa3244.jpg

oh yeah i for got to mention rather than getting an it guy/girl to help you at your home i might be able to help you for free by logging in to your computer remotely using windows remote assistance if you will let me you just need to go on windows remote assistance on your computer and invite me to help you by sending an invite to my email address then i can log in and set up the port forwarding if you need help with that but i will need to know the ip address of your cctv system so i know where to forward the ports 80 and 8880 of yours to once i have done that i just need to do your active x controls and bring up your cameras.