deor

dvr card & software recommendation?

I have a cheap ebay dvr card working in a bar I own and I want to upgrade to a better card. The card I have now lets me record up to 4 cameras at a time but only replay and view 1 at a time.It's a Global Engineering Guess 203 card,not bad for the price. I have a close up camera on the register to record the sale and one that views the entire bar and would like to be able to view them at the same time on playback. I wanted to buy a GeoVision card but just talked to customer support at a dealer and they said the software will only let me view one camera at a time in playback. In the past , when I recorded to tape, I used a Advanced Technology Quatra that would allow me to view picture in picture with the two cameras, unfortunately when I use the Quatra with the dvr picture quality declines. Is there a card & software that will let me view more than one camera at a time or let me do picture in picture during playback, thanks

yes you can view multiple cameras in playback, just checked with anothe dealer picture in picture would be nice but not available on GeVision cards but spit screen will be adequate,thanks

PIP and Disk Map, thats all I can really see its missing (plus a GUI polish up) .. its loaded with every other feature ..

save AVI as quad ...

Can this be done w/ ver 6 ? Are you doing this from within ViewLog? Cause I don't see any options to save the AVI as quad...

Well, you must be using v7.....I still have 6.05

When viewing in quad playback, none of those options are available.

I just went looking through the v7 manual, and I see what you're talking about now...there are tic boxes for the various cameras and more options than what I get when trying to backup.

Oh well....maybe it's time to upgrade!!