GPEC

Panasonic and Open Eye

My name is Nathan and Im new to this site. Im shopping for a new DVR for a client. They currently use Bosch. Originally DiBos 800 18 ch 2tb, four units total. These began manifesting windows errors, video card failures, compatibility issues and bosch discontinued them. These were high end units and had many capabilities, however qc was no good. Went with 700 series hybrid, again Bosch, and they bought back the DiBos units. Mind you we installed several of the DiBos units and ultimately none survived more than a year before having some issue. Unfortunately now the time has come to replace the 700 series DVRs. Now Bosch has all kinds of positive selling points that would interest many installers, but I know better and unfortunately there would be no indication for anyone in the market for a DVR system that the operability of the 700 series is unreliable and that firmware releases for all of their cameras, DVRs and software releases are constant and burdensome to maintain. Im looking for positive experiences with solid, high end Hybrid DVR systems that some of you can share with me. Any input will be appreciated. My distributor said their installation companies have had success with Panasonic and Open Eye. Please share.