Swagman

Poor Picture Quality?

Hi All, Here's hoping you can help me.

I've just installed a 2 camera setup on a 4 way DVR (IQR4D), the cameras are 700tvl ones and are XPD700WIR-2

I'm new to all this and I'm a little disapointed with the video I'm getting, it may well be the resolution that I'm currently viewing on (2048x1152), but even if I change the resolution to 1280x1024, the image still looks pixelated.

All the cameras are well focused, as best as I can tell with all the pixels in the way lol...

Is this something that I really need a dedicated screen for?, or should I be able to use my computer screen (as I am now), and get a pin sharp image, I thought a £100 700tvl camera would do better than this, so I'm hoping it's something in my setup I'm overlooking.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yep, everything set on it's highest setting.. D1 and 'Best'

I'm not sure if it's the actual recording that is pixelated, or just my view of the live video as seen on my screen, that is making it look pixelated.. the actual recording could be fine, if only I could get it to look good when viewing it.

perhaps I should buy myself a cheap 1280 x 1024 4:3 screen, and plug it into the box

So perhaps that is the question, for a 700TVL camera, what is the optimum viewing resolution of the screen you should have when looking at it.?

Yep, everything set on it's highest setting.. D1 and 'Best'

I'm not sure if it's the actual recording that is pixelated, or just my view of the live video as seen on my screen, that is making it look pixelated.. the actual recording could be fine, if only I could get it to look good when viewing it.

perhaps I should buy myself a cheap 1280 x 1024 4:3 screen, and plug it into the box

So perhaps that is the question, for a 700TVL camera, what is the optimum viewing resolution of the screen you should have when looking at it.?

Hi. Your camera has nothing to do with the resolution of your video out (VGA)

Just try a standard monitor you don't need 1280 monitor. ......

Hi. Your camera has nothing to do with the resolution of your video out (VGA)

Just try a standard monitor you don't need 1280 monitor. ......

Hi,

When you say just use a standard monitor, the one I'm using is my computers monitor to view the video over the LAN, it's a 23" Widescreen Dell, and I'm hoping it's just distorting the view.

how does 700TVL convert to pixels and resolution?, what would be the best resolution match on a monitor to view the 700TVL output?, and then I'll go get a secondary screen to just view the CCTV output on.

Thanks for all the help so far guys, it's horrible not knowing what to do to fix the problem.. lol

Can you post a screen shot of the local display?

What monitor are you using?

What connection type are you using?

If VGA try and match the DVR and Monitor resolution (1280X1040).

How does it look in the web browser?