rory

L o t t o W i n n e r email

this is an email i got, im still looking for the catch (apart from all the personal info they are asking for!) .. anyone finds it ill pay you $1,000,000 milliond cjinkos only .. ))))))

PS. 1 cjinko = US -$0.01

some tings XXX'ed and 000'ed out for obvious reasons ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Attn:Winner

THE FREE LOTTO COMPANY

UK HEAD OFFICE

SUITE 23-30,LION TOWERS

CENTRAL LONDON

ENGLAND

We are please to announce you as one of the 10 lucky winners in the Free Lotto draw held on the 1st of October 2005. All 10 winning addresses were randomly selected from a batch of 50,000,000

international emails. Your email address emerged alongside 9 others as a category 2 winner in this year's Annual FreeLotto Draw.

Consequently, you have therefore been approved for a total pay out of ONE MILLION POUNDS only. The following particulars are

attached to your lotto payment order:

(i) Winning numbers: 37-13-43-85-67-11

(ii) Email ticket number: FL754/22/76

(iii) Lotto code number: FL09622UK

(iv) The file Ref number: FL/04/7052/UK

Please contact the under listed FIDUCIARY Agent as soon as possible for the immediate release of your winnings:

Mr. XXX XXXXX (Agent 1)

TEL: 44 000000000

FAX: 44 0000000000

Email: XXXXXX@XXX.XXX

STEPS TO CLAIMING YOUR WINNING PRIZE INCLUDE:

1.Quoting your Reference number in all

correspondence with the Fiduciary

Agent.

2.Winners must send their names, address, telephone number and means of identification (international passport or drivers)

license) to the Fiduciary agent for the processing of their winning prize.

Once again on behalf of all our staff,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sincerely,

XXXX XXXXX

Promotions Manager

The Lotto Company

UK & Europe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Guest

Wow.

You’re quick at answering questions, even the ones you ask yourself.

It’s the old adage “If it is too good to be true, then is probably is!â€

The only thing that's unusual rory, is this one has a U.K. address.

Most of these scams come from either Eire, The Netherlands, or Nigeria.

Identity theft is the fastest growing crime here in the U.K., and once some basic information has been handed over, you really don't want to know want can happen!!

The classical form of this scam in the US generally had the lottery comming out of Ireland, the UK and Canada in that order.

I have recieved in the mail a few different versions of these. They all SCAMS.

Throw them away or delete them!!!

and there i was thinking, as i sent them a photo, address, name and birthdate, I could be able to buy myself a hummer for new years

This type of scam made the news here recently. Once you supply all your details they then ask you to pay over some money to cover "admin" costs etc in order to process your claim !! I think you'll get a Homer soon though Doh !! I saw a TV show about two years back detailing the worlds most innovative scams of recent years and there was this one that went like this; These two fresh out of college students set up shop with a PC, telephone and fax line. They constantly procured details of largish sized businesses across the US and proceeded to invoice them a small varying amount of around $50 for "services" they didn't actually do. If it was queried they refunded, if not they carried on invoicing the same co's. Most of these companies never queried these small invoices and only found out when these kids got bust !! They raked in a small fortune.

Must have been the same "kids" that printed up fake parking tickets and had the "perps" send the money to.......................they also raked in the cash until caught.

and then there are the teller card copiers.

My favorite old school grift is for one person to dress up as a security guard and place an out of order sign on a bank deposit box. Second con man has a phone and is out of sight. Person walks up and gives the guard the night's take. If the person questions the guard gives them either a bank VP's card or security companies card with a phone number that goes back to the second con man.

But all of the scams you posted are small time. Some NY Mafia set up a network of ATM's. Ran regular transactions through it but captured the card's info. Every so often they would run a $3.95 or $4.95 charge on the card. They kept it going for five years. They racked up over $20 million and they only got caught because of bad transaction.